If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wife said, "we need a bigger boat."

How sweet is that?!?!

We talked about the Baja Islander 212. But the wife feels a 23' will better suit our needs.

I know a couple people who visit this board have the Baja 232 Islander. Any pros and cons?

In addition, what are the basic differences between the 232, the Hammer, and the H2X?

Boating Fool

Outlaw 25

How about a like new 25 Outlaw. Has very low hours (fifty to be exact). It has more deadrise than an H2X and handles the rough stuff pretty good. If you interested send me pm or email and I will give you the details. This boat needs to find a good home.

My Boats:
    28ft Saber, 22 Velocity
    Kansas & LOTO
    Congrat's!! You are a lucky man!!
    I would look toward the 25 Outlaw also. Or if your going with a used boat maybe a Baja Bandit, I don't know if they still make them but they looked awsome!!
    25 Outlaw if you boat in big water
    23 Bandit if it's pretty calm!

Re: Wife said, "we need a bigger boat."

Originally posted by Eric1969
    In addition, what are the basic differences between the 232, the Hammer, and the H2X?
    Main difference is size. 232 is a 23', the Hammer is 21' (same hull as a 212), and the H2X is 24'.

Also, of the three, only the 232 is an open bow.

My Boats:
    Whatever you missed your payment on
    In your driveway while you sleep
    Go right past the H2X (Lake Boat) and the Hammer and go straight to the 25'Outlaw. They are great boats that can take rough water and come back in on piece. Going from a 212 to a 232 is not a that much of a step up. A 25 Takes alot more limitations off of your boating. By the way...Stick with that woman. When they say those words, you have a keeper!

Sent you a PM on a 232 for sale up here

My Boats:
    99 checkmate 270 convincor
    Pasadena Md
    are you sure she said "BOAT"??

We started talking cost for a new boat and I asked her, How much she thought a 23 or so would cost. She said, well the 17' boat was about $17,000, so a 23' would be around $23,000.

My thought, THERE GOES MY NEW BOAT!!!

I gave her a quick lesson on economics and boating. She said then, "well, maybe 21' would be fine."

I will keep everyone posted. I like the 232 islander, but they stop making them in 2002. Now there are only 212, 242 etc.

NO more 232 or 252.

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj
    My wife always gives me "Wadda ya need that for?" until she rides in it. She liked our first "cute" little boat. She liked our next bigger one better. Now she loves our Formula Wonder what I can talk her into next I've found always go for the biggest you can afford then buy the next size bigger. Trouble is , they all seem to shrink some when you put them in the water.
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

Charter Member #34 Charter Member Dock Holiday's Avatar
    Beautiful North Carolina
    Listen to the wife, just move up larger than the 232.

Bought a 1999, 212 Islander with 454. Nice boat, fun to drive and fast on smooth water. Got beat up in the rough stuff.

Next season traded for 2000, 272 with 502. Not much faster than 212, but great in the rough, easy to handle, great to over night on. I still think it is one of Baja's best overall boats.

Sold it in March and ordered a new 36 Outlaw, loaded out in the cuddy and with 500 EFI's. LOVE IT.

Bigger is always better. A very good friend wanted by 212. I talked him out of it and he bought a 232. He just traded for a new 25 Outlaw with 496 Mag and extension box. You can never have too much boat.

Buy all you can afford.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast