Notices

Boat Lift

Old 07-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Lift

I decided to buy a "normal" boat after about 5 years of just having Rio. Still going to poker run her, but wanted something to go to dinner with and things with my wife.
My lift hasn't been used during those years and is in need of work. Maybe 1 arm replaced and the motor freed up. It worked fine before. I was hoping not to buy a new one as this whole deal is on a very tight budget. Any body know of someone in the Toms River NJ area beside Atlantic Lift that can look at it and tell me what I have to do? It's old, but always worked like a champ up until I stopped using it.
I'd like to get this done yesterday.
Thanks, Rich
Old 07-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Default Please define...

...arm.

Most of the time getting an exsisting lift going again is usually fairly easy.

It certainly varies from one lift manufaturer to another.

Do you have pictures?

Are you sure the motor is the issue, or another problem? When you hit the switch, does the motor at least hum or act like it is actuating?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Registered

Well, the motor has power and hums like it wants to turn. The stupidest thing is it's mounted with the slotted side up where the fan sits and all the water goes in all the time. Go figure.
I tried budging the fan motor with a screwdriver and it moved a little. Sorry, I'm at work about 35 miles away from home. I remember it was call davit services and put in in the 80's. Always worked fine. I just can't buy a new one this year. It is an elevator type with the "L" type arms.It has some rot at the joint where the arm goes vertical, but only on one side and the gussetts are still good on there. Need the wood chocks that actually hold the boat up on there too. They were custom fitted to my last Fountain. I;m excited about buying a boat again and can't wait to get this off my mind.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered

Default You might want to contact...

...seafordguy,

While he is quite a distance from you, he has been doing extensive research on lifts and I am sure also installers.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-used-guy.html

Last edited by BoatShow239; 07-13-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Registered

Thanks BoatShow
I PM'd him. Ijust want somehelp or direction as I bought the boat thinking this would be the easy part. I checked my lift and almost died.....
Old 07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Registered

Default Were you ever able to...

...get anything accomplished?

Was my lead of any assistance?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Registered

Hi,
I contacted him and he couldn't help. Thanks anyway.
Searching locally. Everyone wants a fortune.....no one wants to touch it- it's not that bad.
I may put it off for this year and make a deal with my friend at the local marina for in and out for the weekends.