Notices

Ocean Performance A++++

Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boobs, beer, and boats... There's someone other than Carol at OP???
Old 07-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Boobs, beer, and boats... There's someone other than Carol at OP???
What a great combination Scot!...... I think we need to start a Carol thread soon! Nothing better than walking into a mans "toy store" and meeting a cool chick that knows and loves boat as much as the men! Keep up the good work Carol!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carol!!!! THAT was her name. She took my MONEY!!!! hahaha... very cool lady... and yeah... she's got boobs!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Where else can you store your boat, buy your parts, and when you show up to to shake the boat down and forgot your beer they hand you a 6 pack???? Now that's priceless service lol
Old 07-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

WOW, Thanks... (i think) LOL
hope to see you all tomorrow at the run...
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

picked up the boat yesterday after being at OP for another stint. This time had the old stripes stripped off and new ones applied. For a 23 year old boat she sure looks purdy... Thanks OP!

Last edited by mysweetone; 08-23-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Registered

With spring in the air in Connecticut, I thought id revive this thread. There is ALOT of big name HP boat shops being called out for wrong doing lately. Lots of people getting screwed by shops for big dollar items, and poor quality work. So I thought it would be a good time to shed some light on the "good" in our industry. I was at OCEAN PERFORMANCE yesterday and it was great to see them really busy so early in the season. Boats were lined up in the shop for complete re-rigs, blower motors everywhere, and the OP crew hard at work. Really nice to see, and just goes to show, when you do your customers right, a high performance boat shop CAN survive even in these hard times. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK CHRIS AND CREW!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Kiss-ass, you must want something!!!

Seriously though, the HP offshore business is a TOUGH business to survive in, even more so in the northeast since we have such a limited boating season. Things have been especially tough over the last decade with the dramatic pull back in the economy from 2007 to 2012 or so. There's no doubt times have been tough for these guys, but it's great to see folks like Chris (and Billy) at OP and even Michael at Offshore Northeast have weathered the storm and are here to support the local offshore crew. I can't imagine not having these guys in our back yard, I truly believe the CT offshore scene would fall apart without them (unless Jamie wanted to move down to CT, lol). Thanks guys for everything!

Actually, why do we keep mentioning Chris??? We all know Carol runs the show over there, not to mention she's a lot easier to look at, plus she's the one that supplies the beer! Thanks for everything CAROL!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I appreciate the good words and yes Scot it is always about Carol. Seriously though let's use this thread as a positive platform of who's been in the industry and can be trusted. I don't post a lot but I think everyone needs to see that across the entire country there are good people running good performance shops. So much negativity is going to scare away especially newcomers to sport we all love. I consider it an honor to serve the high performance boating community for 33 years. I hope that many will chime in with positive experiences they have had with their local performance boat shops. Thanks, Chris.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Registered

Besides you guys Chris, I have also used Jamie(Unlimited jd) to work on my crap-cans many times when I was too lazy to do it myself. If OP is to far of a ride for anyone north of CT, " Unlimited jd" here on the boards is a great mechanic and most of all......trustworthy. I have and would recommend him to anyone. I know you guys are looking for another mechanic Chris....too bad Jamie lives so far away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.