Formula 350 CBR: Best of All Worlds

Notices

Formula 350 CBR: Best of All Worlds

Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Formula 350 CBR: Best of All Worlds

This is an expanded version of a news story that appeared on speedonthewater.com, courtesy of Boats.com, http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...ll-worlds.html.

A full-photo feature on the boat, complete with test notes from John Tomlinson of TNT Custom Marine in Miami, will appear in the winter issue of Sportboat magazine.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The more I think about it I'm not sure that I 'get' this boat.

I love Formulas but how many seats do you really need? The regular layout easily has seating for 10 and it is nice to have a Cabin.

This can't be compared to a traditional mid cabin boat either... In a regular mid cabin, take the 28 ZXO or the 35 ZRO you trade off a smaller cabin for more seating while keeping performance capabilities of a go-fast. Had they figured out how to do something similar with the 35 fastech, that would have been impressive.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

What I can tell you is that this boat came out of customer and dealer demand for something with more open deck space and a cabin that can accommodate adults in comfort overnight. Most mid-cabin boats, even at 35 feet like the mid-cabin Donzi (great boat) don't offer that.

To each his own, right?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
What I can tell you is that this boat came out of customer and dealer demand for something with more open deck space and a cabin that can accommodate adults in comfort overnight. Most mid-cabin boats, even at 35 feet like the mid-cabin Donzi (great boat) don't offer that.

To each his own, right?
To each his own... for sure! I'm glad there is demand and Formula is still in business too. Aren't they the only boat company that builds performance boats to never go bankrupt?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
To each his own... for sure! I'm glad there is demand and Formula is still in business too. Aren't they the only boat company that builds performance boats to never go bankrupt?
On the production-built side of the market, I believe you are correct.

As for the custom side, I honestly don't know.

Formula's key to survival has been diversification of the model line. Had they stuck exclusively with FASTech, they might not be here today. Bright, hard-working folks over there.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Always been impressed with formula's ability to offer new and innovative models. Their SS is still relatively unchallenged in the market.

How many seats do you really need? About 16. Very excited about this model. I think it will be revolutionary. Its the perfect dayboat. Its geared toward families like mine with a lakehouse or two. We will have 10-15 people on a given holiday and you want something that will 1) handle rough water 2) get somewhere fast if needed 3) have ac, 4) has a cabin and 5) has seating for 16 while 6) being fun to drive. So we have a whole fleet.........mother in law has houseboat cause she has to have ac and likes to entertain 15-16 people, but its sucks to drive, dock and anchor, plus its slow as hell. Great for winter boating though. Parents have a sea ray sundeck and its great for entertaining and water sports, but a little bumpy in rough water and slow. I sold the apache........was great for rough water and fast but that was about it. This boat is the only one I know of that can do everything I need a boat to do while dayboating. For an older family with lakehouse and kids and grandkids its about the best boat you can have.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
Bingo! That statement says a lot. I have come to know the Formula folks over the years, and they are as bright, hard-working and sincere as you will ever find. They are certainly no dummies.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautful boat. My deck boat holds 11. I try to keep it at 8. Its hard to keep a eye on 8, Had 10. Don't want to watch that many people. Thats anyway. Artie
Old 07-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

They will sell a ton of them at LOTO.