Notices

Thanks CP Performance!

Old 07-05-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thanks CP Performance!

While adjusting a carb I discovered my intercooler had sprung a leak. I was going on vacation and needed one immediately. I called the factory and they told me they would have to make one for me. I said "WHAT?" After numerous phone calls CP Performance had one in stock. They got it to me by 10:00 the next morning.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Ken,

For my K-Plains I needed a stainless steel through hull cable kit---one for each K-Plain. There is hardly anything to these tiny kits with the stainless steel nut being the largest item. A marine dealer/repair shop odered them for me about 6 weeks ago from CP Performance and still NO kits! They placed a call into CP and asked what was going on and they said they were back-ordered. We ended up having to call Merc and pay FULL PRICE---about $100 per kit----how HORRENDOUS!!!---There isn't anything to these kits......maybe 3 or 4 tiny parts per kit! CP Performance would have been about 40-50% cheaper and that's who we initially prefered, but they couldn't come through. Other than that I don't know how CP Performance usually is on parts and delivery. Sounds like they came through for you on that one.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of another member that bought a fuel pump from them and it was the wrong and he blew his motor. After all I have been through I just wanted to feel good about something and thank someone for helping me.

It seems now a days that parts and service is a crap shoot and the odds are getting worse and worse.