Notices

flat screen in boat??

Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

These days you are better off with a couple of tablets for the kids... load em up with movies and games. Battery life is excellent and with Navionics apps they can serve as a backup GPS for the boat.

I think my next GPS is going to be an IPad.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I use: http://www.amazon.com/NTD-1552-16-In.../dp/B004YOGN4A

I also have a mount that I take it down when running. Have had it almost 3 years with no problems. I have it wire to 12V.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mounted a flat screen on the wall yrs ago and it never came loose. My head unit was a CD/DVD player, so I just ran the video out RCA to the TV's video in. No need for invertor or gen since both the TV and stereo are 12VDC. But haven't played a DVD in several yrs though. Just used my ipod for the movies I had DL'd on it.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we bought our sonic, it came with a 15" flat screen and a dvd player on top of it. Since then, the dvd player bit the dust (left a dvd in it, and had to pry the drive open to "extract" the disk lol) I have since made plans to install a new 19" 1080 vs. the 720 and watch videos via my iPad or iPhone with component cables that I have. The A/V is already wired into the stereo system so its definetly loud enough. Just need time to do it lol...
Old 07-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

My suggestion would be to buy something local at Best Buy or the like, and buy the extended warranty where you can bring it in, in pieces and they will replace it.

I ran a very expensive Bluetooth headset over a few years ago, with a car. BB gave me a brand new one.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might buy a seperate dvd player, I can get one pretty small, sounds like it will last longer than the one in the tv. The 12v are much more expensive than ac ones, I have an inverter so ac isn't an issue. I have been looking at bb for this stuff.