Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What a great weekend!! Even gained 3.5 mph on the top end!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28142-what-great-weekend-even-gained-3-5-mph-top-end.html)

Waterfoul 07-07-2002 08:40 PM

What a great weekend!! Even gained 3.5 mph on the top end!!!!

Only had one mishap the whole weekend. On my parents lake (Glen Lake, west of Traverse City) a girl on a jet ski cut me off as I was trying to turn around at the ramp to head out. Bear in mind this is one of those ramps dug into the beach with about a 3' deep channel to deep water (there is a hole at the end of the ramp about 5' deep and 3' round or so). Well, she must have been in a hurry to get the thing on the trailer because she basically went under my bow as I was about to shift back into forward gear to finish my turn around. Stuck the drive in the sand/mud. Not a drop of water out the exhaust after this happened. Had my father tow me to my mooring at our cottage, took the water pump off, and discovered that the impeller was fine. Replaced it with my new spare one anyway (kept the old one for a spare). Then went back out to the boat and on a whim checked the hose from the pump to the oil cooler. Weighed 10 lbs!!!! Stuck solid with sand/mud. Cleaned it out, poored water thru the oil cooler, checked the petcock freeze plugs and everything seemed o.k. Pulled the coil wire and had my dad turn the motor over while I watched for water to the cooler. Plenty!!! After that, everything was fine. Then I got up on plane and had a miss at about 4600 rpm. Decided I'd check the rev limiter on my new Crane ignition. Dang if it wasn't set at 4600 rpm!! Bumped it to 5200 and got another 3.5 mph out of it!! Saw 61.0 on the GPS with 3/4 tank (~70 gallons) and 3 people on board. Yesterday on the way back to the trailer I saw 61.5 with more to go but ran out of lake.

Had a great time at the Air Show in Grand Traverse Bay Saturday. Hooked up with Boathead and Macdad260 for the show. Blue Angles were awsome!!!!!

On a sad note, I didn't catch a fish all damn weekend!!!:mad:

Hope all of you had as good a weekend as I did.

Payton 07-07-2002 08:55 PM

Mike, Glad to hear you finally have every thing worked out and running good.:cool:

We had a great weekend as well. Had about 75 people over on the 4th. It was a great party. Had a brother and sister in from out of town so Friday we panned on got to Lake Michigan and boat off the beach. The waves were too big to anchor very well so we just stayed at the pool and drank.:cool: Sat, we got out on the boat. Had some great 3 foot waves. I love the way my boat cuts through them. 45mph cruise, 3300 rpms, 3 footers, throw in a few cruiser wakes, and never spilled a drink!:cool:

We saw a very cool 45' sonic with triples, I wonder if he is on the board.

powerqrudy 07-07-2002 09:19 PM

was up there with the boat and did not even think of putting something the board?? Great weekend though!!!

Audiofn 07-07-2002 09:30 PM

WAY TO GO FOUL!!!! :D:D I am pumped to hear you are finally on the water and running well. Hope that is the end of your woes for the season. :D:D

Jon

Biggus 07-07-2002 09:37 PM

Cool, now you can relax and enjoy the boat! Good luck, Kurt.

Crazyhorse 07-07-2002 10:08 PM

Glad to hear you had a good weekend. We had to come home early as it appears Megan, had a stroke. Managed to find the vet and she met us at her clinic. Not a fun day for us.

Waterfoul 07-07-2002 11:30 PM

Sorry to hear that Dave. Hope she is o.k. Wouldn't be the same without her running around.

Tinkerer 07-07-2002 11:38 PM

DAVE -- hope she comes out of it OK. They are like kids. I spent the whole weekend in the garage under the hood of my truck. Cracked head.