Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lonseal Flooring...Does it get hot? >

Lonseal Flooring...Does it get hot?

Notices

Lonseal Flooring...Does it get hot?

Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lonseal Flooring...Does it get hot?

First post in a while, but I often lurk in the background for all the helpful knowledge housed here.

I'm doing a gas tank and stringer job on a Seebold. For flooring instead of carpet, I'm considering Londeck Coin II in Stone Gray from these folks, which has a good price on a sheet that's just the size I need:

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product...-flooring.html

Question is...its a bit dark and I'm wondering if it will be hot on the feet? Does anyone have a similar color, and if so what are your thoughts?

Any other ideas for online dealers for Lonseal flooring? Defender Marine can special order it for $8/sf. PlasTeak has a limited selection for $7/sf. GreatLakesSkipper has this surplus offering at $4.80/sf delivered, one color two sizes only.

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes it gets hot. I did a boat in light grey (diamond plate design) and it would get extremely warm in direct sunlight. Was it unbearable?....no, but it would surprise you if you weren't expecting it.

I got mine from Plasteak.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Default In a word, YES in our application!

As jdub said "it would get extremely warm in direct sunlight".

We felt it was too hot. It was certainly much hotter than an uncovered (white) deck next to it; in direct sunlight. Not in the sunlight it seemed to be cooler than the uncovered deck next to it. Not that it felt like ice, although it was cooler.

Not sure what the comfort level difference would be compared to carpet.

A friend had a boat with the white crate looking flooring sold in 12" squares that snap together, no better and created other problems.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I put something similar in my boat. Looked great but it was dark gray and got VERY hot in direct sunlight. I yanked it this winter and went with removable carpet.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Islands Innovation
First post in a while, but I often lurk in the background for all the helpful knowledge housed here.

I'm doing a gas tank and stringer job on a Seebold. For flooring instead of carpet, I'm considering Londeck Coin II in Stone Gray from these folks, which has a good price on a sheet that's just the size I need:

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product...-flooring.html

Question is...its a bit dark and I'm wondering if it will be hot on the feet? Does anyone have a similar color, and if so what are your thoughts?

Any other ideas for online dealers for Lonseal flooring? Defender Marine can special order it for $8/sf. PlasTeak has a limited selection for $7/sf. GreatLakesSkipper has this surplus offering at $4.80/sf delivered, one color two sizes only.

Thanks!
Check into Hydrotruf.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I may reconsider saving a few bucks on the darker flooring. They have some off-whites that would be easier on the feet.

The Hydro-Turf matting looks interesting. But they only offer it in 47" width, and I need 60" to be able to use one piece, which is a priority.

The 2'x2' squares of commercial coin flooring are a lot cheaper and available locally...but the seams would be visible and could let water seep through.

Any other sheet flooring options I should be looking at?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

I've had the pearl white "wave" pattern in my boat years and it's comfortable and does not get hot.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I've had the pearl white "wave" pattern in my boat years and it's comfortable and does not get hot.
No but it is a pain in the a$$ to keep clean
Old 07-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered

I hate this chit, it was installed in my Donzi by the previous owner, and I ripped half of it out . . after a season it faded and looked like a municipal bathroom floor, that which is left is under the deck and gets covered, time for carpeting!!!

I hope someone can post a solution, my Magnum 27 needs flooring, it's an early model with bare fiberglass!

Last edited by Mario L.; 07-25-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
No but it is a pain in the a$$ to keep clean
It's not that bad. Tilt the nose of the boat up on the trailer or lift, and hose it down with a scrub brush on a stick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.