Notices

Mancave/loft

Old 08-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mancave/loft

Not sure if this is the right forum? If not, I apologize!

After 50+ years of sitting 200ft from the water we have decided to move our small cottage to the waters edge. The cottage currently sits on "footings" about 18" deep around the perimeter [24ft by 36ft]

I am thinking after the cottage is moved I will use the existing perimeter as "forms" and pour a concrete floor and build a garage with a loft/games room

I would LOVE pics, opinions, links, etc from anyone who has done something similiar. The garage wont be big enough to hold the boat, but, there will be a boathouse "down the road" sometime for that [I am puttering away on this with the plan to retire there eventually]

I was thinking of building a "games room" in the loft, or maybe a guest suite, but, open to suggestions and idea's. I remember a post about "mancaves" on here awhile back and some of the pics I saw where just JAW DROPPING [and sadly, WELL, out of my budget! LOL]

I am looking at pre fab buildings, building myself, or a combination, right now its in the "planning" stage, cottage should be moved by summers end, the land is there, the permits are in place, just looking for some good ideas, thats why I am here [-:

Any input is appreciated!! If you would rather send Emails, just PM me for my addy

Thanks guys!!!

Michael