Old 08-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"what a nuisance"... What an idiot...
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

So that's what happens to someone when they don't have any friends! What a d-bag! I bet he wears a sweater around his neck and drinks with his pinky sticking out!

@jayboat, your comment by far was my favorite. Short, simple, and to the point!

Last edited by T-RAV; 08-05-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Registered

Next year they should have that sandbar be a card stop so he can get a better look and hear everybody getting off and on plane for an hour or so.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered

Lmfao!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Couple of things... One, he can let the trees grow back that he cut down for the lake view if he doesn't like it, and two (I'm asking this here out of not knowing)... Is there something in place to let the general boating population know to stay out of harms way? Not this poker run, but all poker runs in general. Again, just asking (not trying to stir the sh!t).

Originally Posted by TxHawk
Okay, I will be that guy.

If the guy is concerned with the noise, fuggem.

I don't think that is his concern. Alerting the public is something that seems impossible yet important. Look at :29 in the video. Those people in the pontoon are in a very bad spot and yet are not doing anything wrong...
Old 08-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Registered

Man, love the comment to "go hug a tree." LMAO.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shag555
Couple of things... One, he can let the trees grow back that he cut down for the lake view if he doesn't like it, and two (I'm asking this here out of not knowing)... Is there something in place to let the general boating population know to stay out of harms way? Not this poker run, but all poker runs in general. Again, just asking (not trying to stir the sh!t).
In living in a few areas that have put on these type events over the past six years, this one is all over as far marketing. Much more than others. In fact, could be wrong, they like more than go fast partcipation for this one.

That tooner may even be one of the rentals on the lake...
Old 08-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

Loving the comments :
Old 08-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Registered

We were there and had a blast! It was our first Poker Run ever and the wife and I are now hooked. I'm actually considering buying a larger go fast boat, so she and I can run more events comfortably.

The dude in the video is an idiot...this event was well publicized in both print and on the radio. It was open to all to participate, and raised over $170,000 dollars for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. As for the non-participating boats, I know for a fact many knew exactly what they were doing. Two boats from my dock headed out early that morning so they could get closer to the action. Many were taking pictures and video. That said, there will always be the uninformed or just dummies who try to get too close!!!

As for the situation with the pontoon boat, that could have gotten ugly. Fortunately, it appears Phantom (and the Pontoon boat) executed a proper (albeit +110 mph) port-side to port-side pass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.