Thanks Marc Granet of Miss GEICO

Notices

Thanks Marc Granet of Miss GEICO

Old 08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Marc Granet of Miss GEICO

I just want to thank Marc again for taking a moment while they we getting ready to leave. I showed my daughter Marc and Scotty when we walked thru the pit earlier on Sunday and after the races were called off she wanted to try and get their autographs but the boats must have still been at the lift so we went to the zoo and I said maybe after that we might go back. Well I forgot about it and as we got ready to leave she said she wanted to see Miss Geico so I said ok but they probably already left and sh was the boat so we walked over but I said they are busy so don't count on it and I saw Marc and asked if my daughter could have his autograph and he said sure and signed a boat floaty that Michigan City was giving out plus gave her a few other things and an signed a Miss Geck card also. I was going to try and get Scotty's also but didn't want to push my luck because I know they want to leave. I know everyone says how great they are and they come across that way also but to take a moment for my daughter and me that was very kind and I appreciated it. As we walked away I told my daughter that, that is the way act as she gets older. Thank you again Marc.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 AM
TCG
Registered
Platinum Member

The GEICO team really is first class. In StClair MI my son was watching them get ready to get in the boat.... He called out "Good Luck Scotty" (who was to far way to hear), one of the crew members got Scotty's attenion , and Scotty stopped what he was doing and walked over to the fence to talk to my 7 year old.
Scotty was VERY nice to my 7 year old son, and answered all of his "7 year old " questions and made him feel very important and talked to him like a friend. I really feel that team deserves every good thing that comes there way. I'd like to write a note to Geico insurance and tell them that there sponcorship money is appreciated by the fans. (any one know who"s attn: I'd send it to?.... and yes I will let GEICO give me a quote the next time I buy insurance. Todd Goldman-Port Huron MI
Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A real Class Team , these guys are a real good example of the way it should be ! NASCAR had this in Richard Petty and nothing does more for a Sport and Sponsors than these people do !
Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Racer
Racer

Thank you for the Kind words. I can't tell you how much it means to both scotty and I as well as the rest of the team. Next to racing... Meeting your families, bringing smiles and eyes of wonder to the kids is best thing about the job. We are so lucky to be able to do it for a living.

Thanks again and we'll see you next year.

Marc and Scotty B
Old 08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

Great to see such a class act!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Those guys are 1st class all the way!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

So they didn't race? Why di they call it off?
Old 08-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Too rough on the Big Pond.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Thats the way they are. Thanks for all the good times I have had talking with Scotty,Marc An Crew. An Haggens fair well party in Orange Beach. Had a few drinks with Scotty in New Orleans at the last Coplands race When I was still a safty boat. Artie
Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
So they didn't race? Why di they call it off?

The racers were suited up and in their boats ready to be led out on the course when the word came down that they were calling the race.

Two reasons :

1. Safety boats, turn boats, turn buoys were struggling to stay on station and would possibly be ineffective if there was an incident.

2: Three children had been reported missing and feared drowned on the beach adjacent to the course. (Helicopters and adults frantically searching for children). We had no business racing on a course where their could be a struggling child,parent of a child in our path. period (imagine being a parent of that child as we were racing).

As disappointed as the racers and fans were .... It was the right decision considering the information being disseminated to organizers at the time.