Notices

What boat to get...

Old 08-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
i think he is saying that he wants a boat to go fast to satisfy him and a boat that he can pack full of people/kids. But, not at at the same time. In other words he will go fast without the kids. At least that is the way i read it.
bingo !
Old 08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This is a 26ft, but can hold lots of people leagally!!!
http://www.atlanticboat.com/boats/duffy-26-launch
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by taillight
I'm looking to get a new boat, but cant decide what to get. hopefully you guys can chime in with opinions or personal experiences.
the boat must seat 10 people. bowrider for extra space. between 22-25 feet in length. must do 65 mph+ and handle the big wavy water of the great lakes. the boat will be pulling wake boards and tubes most of the time, the speed is for me. but it must be able to handle rough water. i have been looking at late 80's checkmates with 250 merc on the backof 21 foot boats. speed is there but, but not the seating. i dont know if they will handle the wavy water. i see the checkmates and big bass boats in one of the bigger lakes i visit(simcoe) the bow is pointed to the sky and they are not going fast. they must be getting pounded. i keep seeing a tuff 21 in the lake but i never see him going fast.

i have concentrated on baja islanders in the 24' range with a 496 or 502. i was told to look at eliminator and cougar boats as they have large bowriders. but i dont know if they will handle the rough water. can anyone comment or make a suggestion?
Get an early model 1996-2002 I think? Sea Ray 280 Bowrider, perfect boat for you... Get one with twin 350's and you will hit an honest 60, should get up around 65. Great boat, ran one around LAke Erie with the parents before, had that in 5-6s many a time. It got us through, I never doubted that boat for a second. It should seat 15 people actually. Can pick on up for 25k for sure, maybe even 20k. Great boats, especially for the money.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I have a 27' and a 28' Advantage bow rider, either one of which would do what you are waning to do. Need to know what your budget is though
Old 08-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Registered

A 30 Scarab Sport comes to mind as well... find one with twin 250 four strokes (preferably Yamahas) That should get you some good speed, and its a Center Console, so It should seat everyone. I like Center Consoles, I have had 7 People on a 15 Edgewater, we all were standing, but it was a bit roomier than one may think. Those 30 Scarab Sports run around 30-35k.