My Way explosion and destin accident >

My Way explosion and destin accident

Notices

My Way explosion and destin accident

Old 08-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Way explosion and destin accident

Glad to hear the crew in My Way are ok but word is a vee bottom rolled in Destin with one missing, let's hope this has a happy ending. Bad day for poker runs
Old 08-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

Found this from 8-6-2012. Accident between a jet ski and Fountain: http://www.southflorida-injurylawyer...-accident.html
Old 08-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

That is unfortunate as well but unrelated to today's accident.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Default Destin accident

Our Dailey news sais it was a 30 ft sunsationboats
1dead, 3 others made it, and are ok.
Very sorry to hear this.
Im gonna assume he had his lanyard on, cause boat was in tact and anchored on a sand bar just to the side of the marked channel near crab island. Thinking he might have made a sharp turn or over corrected to miss hitting a jetski or center console, they got ejected and cause he had his lanyard boat stopped and someone that saw it through is anchor. Just my thoughts based on the little we saw.

Again very sorry to the drivers family for the loss
Old 08-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear this. Prayers sent to family an friends. Artie
Old 08-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/M...165886876.html
Old 08-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

pictures from yesterdays crash from a local forum

http://www.bateausportquebec.ca/
Old 08-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member

So in the Destin incident the boat owner's girlfriend was the operator? Not going to be the "second guessing" guy, but I do have a legitimate question - who here lets their wife/gf/anyone else operate your performance boat? It never crossed my mind - I have let my wife operate with me by my side when we were alone, but never with others on board. I guess it would be a different story if she were more experienced (and maybe this operator is). Thoughts?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DucBoy
So in the Destin incident the boat owner's girlfriend was the operator? Not going to be the "second guessing" guy, but I do have a legitimate question - who here lets their wife/gf/anyone else operate your performance boat? It never crossed my mind - I have let my wife operate with me by my side when we were alone, but never with others on board. I guess it would be a different story if she were more experienced (and maybe this operator is). Thoughts?
I let my girl drive all the time. First letting her steer and get used to the feel of the boat and running through a checklist of what to expect and how to react while I run the controls from the pass side. In 2 seasons she has progressed to the point of running 80+ safely. #1 it is nice when they take an active interest and want to do it. #2 if anything happened to me she needs to know how to safely operate the boat and get back to shore.

In the accident in question speculation could range from just thinking she would have fun driving to her being the only sober person to claim responsibility for operating the vessel. Only the crew knows. Sucks that a life was lost...
Old 08-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I let my girl drive all the time. First letting her steer and get used to the feel of the boat and running through a checklist of what to expect and how to react while I run the controls from the pass side. In 2 seasons she has progressed to the point of running 80+ safely. #1 it is nice when they take an active interest and want to do it. #2 if anything happened to me she needs to know how to safely operate the boat and get back to shore.

In the accident in question speculation could range from just thinking she would have fun driving to her being the only sober person to claim responsibility for operating the vessel. Only the crew knows. Sucks that a life was lost...
Anybody that runs 80+ really needs to take the Tres Martin school !! I don't care who you are, how much money you have, or how smart or dumb someone is, you dont know what you dont know . Ever single person who has taken that course has become a better and safer driver period !!
Have no idea what happened in this crash, maybe even mechanical, and unavoidable, but still the need for this school is mandatory !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.