Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash >

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Notices

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Old 08-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tanner, if you weren't there you shouldn't be pointing a finger at Turbine Marine! As they say "I was there and saw the whole thing". it was not a tanker wave, he didn't stuff it into a wake ther was no turbine explosion. Shortly before MY WAY went airborne a small (30 ft) cruiser went down river. in my unprofessional opinion he was trimmed to high, hit the wake of the cruiser sending the boat almost vertical. He came down hard on his port side then bounced to the starboard then settle down again on the port. I am not bashing anyone, however Aquamania has been running the same Poker Runs in the same boat using turbines from Turbine Marine and no problems. I don't know Bill, but he seemed very nice as I was retuning his engine cover and other chucks of carbon fiber that we plucked from the river.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the update. I,ve felt sick ever since I heard about this accident.
Glad the crew wasn,t hurt, and hope it all works out for them.
I, along with thousands of others, loved seeing all the poker run boats in Brockville yesterday, especially MY WAY and Aqua Mania. By far, my 2 favorite boats. I,m sure MY WAY will be back on the river again soon, bigger and better. If that is possible. LOL
Old 08-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by akaboatman
2 in a month?? What 2
High pressure fuel line line busted on Miss Geico
Old 08-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Registered

Trans oil line.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by o2bme10
Tanner, if you weren't there you shouldn't be pointing a finger at Turbine Marine! As they say "I was there and saw the whole thing". it was not a tanker wave, he didn't stuff it into a wake ther was no turbine explosion. Shortly before MY WAY went airborne a small (30 ft) cruiser went down river. in my unprofessional opinion he was trimmed to high, hit the wake of the cruiser sending the boat almost vertical. He came down hard on his port side then bounced to the starboard then settle down again on the port. I am not bashing anyone, however Aquamania has been running the same Poker Runs in the same boat using turbines from Turbine Marine and no problems. I don't know Bill, but he seemed very nice as I was retuning his engine cover and other chucks of carbon fiber that we plucked from the river.
Thanks for the update, glad to hear, everyone is ok.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep speculating what you think happened...I'd get in the boat with Bill anytime, and I don't have a death wish. There are PLENTY of places to air it out on the St. Lawrence River without any worry of traffic or problems. I've seen both My Way and Aqua Mania drive their boats fast and responsible. Don't bash or hate because they have the ability to do this. As for the insurance, I would bet that both of these boats are self insured, and there will be no claim.

Here are a couple of shots of the boat after the wreck DRIVING back to a dock. Taken from the Canadian Forum.

Dave

Old 08-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tanner
A wave my ass ..... Looks pretty clear to be the 2nd turbine that wrecked a Mystic in the last month. Maybe Turbine Marine motors only like MTI's and is rebelling !!
Just to set the record straight.
Turbine Marine rigged the boat, but the turbines where built at Whispering Turbine. Then Bill purchased them from Geico.
Turbine Marine Does not build T 55's.

Regardless. A crew member told us that the boat went airborn and came down on the left side. Nothing about Turbines exploding.

Glad Bill And Ken are ok.

Last edited by J Arruda; 08-12-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: was not finished
Old 08-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by o2bme10
Thank you for that.
That is exactly what I heard, as well. (Airborn)
As for as the other boat that had issues this month (Geico).
Those engines where also built by Whispering Turbines and worked on at other shops.
They never came from, or have ever been at Turbine Marines shop.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Can this hull actually be repaired and still perform at the level that it was constructed to do?
The section torn away is obvious but how far is delam happening even on a microscopic level from the stresses that were exerted?

I know a lot of boats have had repairs made that are at a par or better than the original build but this particular boat is putting power down on double if not triple the hp of other cats that fall into the big gun category....... that, and I would think that stresses on a hull multiply on a similar scale as hp required to reach 200+mph which this beauty obviously runs, or rather ran at...
Old 08-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by J Arruda
Thank you for that.
That is exactly what I heard, as well. (Airborn)
As for as the other boat that had issues this month (Geico).
Those engines where also built by Whispering Turbines and worked on at other shops.
They never came from, or have ever been at Turbine Marines shop.
Really wasn't bashing Turbine Marine or any turbine set up, in fact if I had the money Turbine Marine would be my first stop for the power plant ... I was more talking about the pictures showing the engine compartment torn apart. I am no expert, but I would bet the farm that boat didn't fall apart by landing sideways coming off a wave, if that's the case, Mystic would have some explaining to do. It actually makes more sense that the boat may have hit very hard coming off of a wave that it effected something in the motor compartment to fail ...

Again no way I was saying Turbine Marine was bad, or defective, any high HP motors will have issues at no fault to anything but pushing the envelope and we all are aware and agree things can happen at no ones fault !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.