If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    1986 Wellcraft KAAMA Excalibur Cat 30
    Cuda.............Did something similar to that one long (long) time ago.

Lived in Oldsmar (near Tampa), and the condos had access to a river that was at the top of Tampa Bay. (had a Glastron SSV 176 then). Launched the boat, but, had to go idle speed only down the stream to cause no wake.......... for some reason the in-floor ski hatch came off and slid forward. Thats because it was full of water then had to run it up on plane to get the water out by natural flow. Had lots and lots of pissed off people on the docks.

Next week............the "Dangers of tubing with a loose ski line"

Standing on the bow of my boat I give the anchor a mighty heave ho I feel something on my leg, look down to see the anchor line tightening up around my leg! Pretend nothing happenend (don't want the wife and friends to know how stupid I was). As I'm getting back to the cockpit the wife say's What's wrong with your leg why is it bleeding? So of course I had to confess and it was the joke of the day!!
    Good thing it was only 4ft deep!

Secret F233
    Got Married… . j/king

Drove pops 40’ houseboat with one motor down & one that kicked up everytime I hit reverse for an entire summer needless to say we repainted that winter

& yes been there to Cuda…..

Gold Member Gold Member 2biguns's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Formula 280SS
    Cullman, AL USA
    I had to repower my Z-29 Donzi last winter. Without checking, I ordered one standard-rotating engine and one counter-rotating one.

Got the engines installed. Hit the key on the port engine and it purred like a kitten. Starboard engine would not start. Pulled everything off and reinstalled and still would not crank. Finally called the engine manufacturer in a panic thinking I had a bad engine. He asked about whether the "bad" engine had a timing gear or chain.

FINALLY figured out that the old engines were BOTH standard-rotating, just running the outdrives in opposite directions. Had to pull the counter-engine, send it back to the factory, pay clean up fee and reinstall another engine. Of course, it cranked the first try.
    Steve Smith
    Cullman/Smith Lake, Alabama

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit - you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
    "The first time you quit, it's hard. The second time, it gets easier. The third time, you don't even have to think about it."

Coach Paul Bryant

My Boats:
    2003, Baja, 33' Outlaw
    Cleveland, OK
    You name it, I've done it!

the dumbest thing i ever did was get my girl into offshore racing, and she got a big head. spent my money and then left me......boy . i sure miss my money......

Charter Member#157 Charter Member MnFastBoat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Advantage 28' Cat
    Minneapolis, Mn, Usa
    3 weeks ago put hte boat in the water.
    I never take the plugs out since it is in inside storage
    I am the only one there, no help available.
    launch is full of bass boats
    there are already made because of the insueing sound to come
    after the boat is floating I climb in to back it off hte trailer
    raise the hatch
    power to everything??
    try again
    nothing notta
    not even a click
    just about ready to pull the boat out
    hit the button to lower the hatch and guess what I see????

no friggen kill switch lanyard ????

I remembered that I took it out
    jumped out of the boat and got hte spare out of hte truck
    then started the motors up with the exhaust OPEN
    This Cat is trying to keep up with the Big Dogs

Gold Member Gold Member Turbojack's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Eliminator 30' Daytona
    Houston, TX, USA
    1-Wife comes up with idea to video my boat making a pass. Fire up motor & take off, planing to drive out a way & come back by friends boat. As I look back to see if I have gone far enough away I see a strange thing following us. Turns out I forgot to get the anchor before I took off. Turns out only thing that got videoed was driving off with anchor & stopping to pull back in boat.

2-Had hard time trying to figure out why motor is not running very good. Turns out instead of timing at 30 degrees, I had set at 0

3-Installed a sub woofer speaker right behind CD player. When ever volume was turned up above whisper the thump from sub would cause the CD to skip.

4-I Was working in garage & wife had come home while I had gone in house & parked truck in garage. When I got back out to garage I saw truck in garage & got pissed. Went in house to get keys to get truck out of garage so I could continue working. As I was backing truck out I for some reason did not think about shutting the door. After truck was backed out of garage without drivers side door, I was really pissed.

5-In garage I have a work lite that is on a cord reel. I had pulled the light out & had cord run over to boat while I was working under the deck. Area I was in was tight & had to twist around to get in position to work on fitting. Whilel I was working wife said see was going to store. After I heard truck start ( I do not remember if same one without door) I heard the ratchet sound the drop light reel makes when pulling cord out. Shortly after I remember hearing that sound I realize that I am twisted in the drop light cord. I feel the cord getting tight around my neck, then everthing goes dark. Turns out wife had caught drop light wire on mirror as she backed out of garage, Thank God cord broke at reel & mirror let go of end of cord.

6-Ok, I know there are alot more, just can not think of them now.

I do some stupid stuff at times. Recently, I tried to pull my ski boat out of the garage with my commercial 60" zero turn rider and put one of the guide arms thru the garage wall.........and ripped the cover of the boat.......You know you are a s*** head when you are thankful for rub rails when the boat is still in storage.....

Plugs......we've all done that before.........

Oh and, I about sank my seadoo from doing too many tail stands and filling the engine compartment up with water.......sinking might have been a better option than the burnt bearings.....

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj
    OK Turbojack, you win. All I did was drop my boat on the ramp. Seems as though my son who was 10 at the time was just trying to help when he released the ratchet on the winch. As I backed down the rampI heard a strange noise I checked left and right hand mirrors...nothing wrong , next I hit the brakes. Now it sounded like I was going over rumble strips on the highway. At this point I looked in the inside mirror just in tine to see the bow going up in the air Luckily the bow stayed on the trailer. I was able to winch it back on the trailer , and leave red faced
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast