Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
artie,i like the way you think!
Thanks Mike. I like Your thinking to. Artie
Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
mr cosker has seen the damage and said he can repair as good as new,will it be cheep to fix,no,but it will be done right,im looking foreward to seing it run again.
Best post I've read yet. Exactly what I was thinking. Well said Mr. tkach.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Thanks Mike. I like Your drinking to. Artie
Fixed it Artie ...
Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

ok,you got me,i have been known to slam a beer or ten,lol.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can it be patched/fixed to be as safe as it was ...YES

Can it be patched/fixed "Good as New"...NO (anything patched/repaired is not ever "As New")

Can the hull (and/or deck) be replaced and move the rigging over to make the hull "Good as New"...Yes (only way hull would very be "As New")

If I were someone who could and would pay for a boat like that, would I want a "patched/fixed" boat...HECK NO! This would be like having a Ferrari with the body patched full of Bondo....still looks good and runs good...but...??? If someone were to GIVE it to me patched/repaired would I take it... HECK YES!!! :-)

Would I want to be in it at 200MPH(new or repaired) ..NOT unless I had control of the controls...nothing personal, it's a "trust thing"! I don't mind putting my own life at risk...not gonna let someone else do that for me....LOL :-)

Dave
Old 08-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
Can it be patched/fixed to be as safe as it was ...YES

Can it be patched/fixed "Good as New"...NO (anything patched/repaired is not ever "As New")

Can the hull (and/or deck) be replaced and move the rigging over to make the hull "Good as New"...Yes (only way hull would very be "As New")

If I were someone who could and would pay for a boat like that, would I want a "patched/fixed" boat...HECK NO! This would be like having a Ferrari with the body patched full of Bondo....still looks good and runs good...but...??? If someone were to GIVE it to me patched/repaired would I take it... HECK YES!!! :-)

Would I want to be in it at 200MPH(new or repaired) ..NOT unless I had control of the controls...nothing personal, it's a "trust thing"! I don't mind putting my own life at risk...not gonna let someone else do that for me....LOL :-)

Dave
The repair that will be done to My Way will in no way, shape, or form will equate to a bondo-filled Ferrari.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Couple things. We (Cougar) used to build plywood boats to 175mph. Something happens, no fixing. Now, with the new materials, and brilliant young technicians like John Cosker, certain damage is fully repairable. You need the designer/builder to make that call. Is he willing to risk his/somebody elses ass to save a buck? don't be ridiculous. There are three guys on the planet that I fully trust to make the call. Eddie Guardado, Peter Hledin and John Cosker.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think the manufacturer would commit to fixing anything that he didn't feel confident was as strong as new or stronger knowing what the owner intends to do with it.

God forbid there's an accident following the repair the insurance companies will have a field day w/ the manufacturer. My assumption is Mystic is smarter than that.

I know w/ planes many are fixable but end up being scrapped for parts as an alternative, simply too much liability.

I wish him luck regardless of whether he chooses to repair or replace as we all have our passion & it appears Mr. T's is going fast on the water.

Last edited by NASCAT; 08-16-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Anything can be repaired to new specs, however if the cost to repair exceeds new replacement value, it makes sense to trash it.

This boat won't be repaired by the lowest bidder down the street, there is no need to worry.

What concerns me is the set up. I listened to the Aquamania team bar talk at the June A-bay poker run. They claim that have made major changes for stability and are not sharing their secrets. Didn't get it all, but there was def some talk, which I thought at the time was smack.

I am a fan of both boats, and love the fact that they reside an hour from my home and I get to see them perform often. I have never heard a bad thing about Mr T, great guy from what I hear.

One must wonder if Aqua hit the same wake at the same speed what the result might be? My gut tells me nothing, based on seat time, setup, testing, and racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.