weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay >

weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay

Notices

weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay

Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I left my bolster and wound up shutting the boat off!
haha i did that too and then the boat wouldnt start back up here the switch had corroded so i just spun it like 50 times and it fired right up but that just shows make sure you test this sort of saftey equipment regularly!!!! glad all are ok !!!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

off another site great job

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

The crew of Let’s Rock did something courageous to save the other boaters in distress here and are to be congratulated. As I stated earlier, one of the first rules of the sea is to help fellow boaters in distress, But the Coast Guard always adds “But don’t get killed yourself in doing it.” The technique they used is pretty risky and requires not only some serious boat handling skills, but more than a little luck.

There is however another way to stop an out of control boat and it’s both simpler and less risky. I carry a 5/8” diameter 75’ long polypro “tubing tow line.” As you might guess, my boat isn’t set up for tubing. So why do I carry it? First, it’s a great tow line if somebody needs a tow. Second, you can use it as a prop fouling line. All you need to do is toss it or lay it out in the path of the out of control boat. (Polypro floats.) Make sure you don’t tie the rope to anything and get out of the way. If you do tie it to something, you run the risk getting pulled into the other boat. Repeat until you get the desired result.

Just a thought. Let's be safe out there!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM
mxz
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
The crew of Let’s Rock did something courageous to save the other boaters in distress here and are to be congratulated. As I stated earlier, one of the first rules of the sea is to help fellow boaters in distress, But the Coast Guard always adds “But don’t get killed yourself in doing it.” The technique they used is pretty risky and requires not only some serious boat handling skills, but more than a little luck.

There is however another way to stop an out of control boat and it’s both simpler and less risky. I carry a 5/8” diameter 75’ long polypro “tubing tow line.” As you might guess, my boat isn’t set up for tubing. So why do I carry it? First, it’s a great tow line if somebody needs a tow. Second, you can use it as a prop fouling line. All you need to do is toss it or lay it out in the path of the out of control boat. (Polypro floats.) Make sure you don’t tie the rope to anything and get out of the way. If you do tie it to something, you run the risk getting pulled into the other boat. Repeat until you get the desired result.

Just a thought. Let's be safe out there!

Sounds like an awesome idea that alot of people probably would never think of.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Registered

Friend once asked me what is the difference between standing in the bed of a pick up truck at 100 and running 100 in a performance boat??? Not Much!!
Truck is probably safer because you are typically on flat ground that doesnt change, But in most states its illegal.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:15 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by links
Friend once asked me what is the difference between standing in the bed of a pick up truck at 100 and running 100 in a performance boat??? Not Much!!
Truck is probably safer because you are typically on flat ground that doesnt change, But in most states its illegal.
the difference....it's unlikely theres a 1/2 naked hottie standing beside you in the pick-up!!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
the difference....it's unlikely theres a 1/2 naked hottie standing beside you in the pick-up!!!!!
You must not be from around here, This is Cecil County MD Son!!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by links
You must not be from around here, This is Cecil County MD Son!!
Most of us don't consider a female blue tick hound a "hottie"...just sayin!