Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Close call, some drunk driver almost wiped out my boat and trailer, but got my truck (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28325-close-call-some-drunk-driver-almost-wiped-out-my-boat-trailer-but-got-my-truck.html)

Advantage_Rob 07-10-2002 09:43 AM

Well I checked the trailer out better last night, and it's fine other than it broke one of the brass fittings for the brake line.

WF I'd like ot get out there and go for a run, but my free time is still non existant, and They didn't get the truck good enough, it didn't even dent the damn bumper, it just ripped the stupid black molding off of it.

powerqrudy 07-10-2002 09:59 AM

very lucky ROB, that road you live on is crazy..do you use that boat on weekends ?? I drive by once a day on my daily sales route I just never see it move....?? any OSO getogother soon???

Advantage_Rob 07-10-2002 10:20 AM

Every weekend there's a bunch of us out in muscamoot bay in the big raft up. Come on out and join us. I never am home until after dark in the week, so the boat just patiently waits for the weekend, and then I'm out all weekend, and I usually pull it in and out every night, unless I leave it at a friends or my uncles marina. One of these days I'll get a hoist...

Whiteknuckle 07-10-2002 11:47 AM

Rob,
I'm glad things were not more serious than they were. I often think as I go by your house and see your boat there, if a car might wipe you out. Looks like you dodged the bullet, or da drunk.

delsol 07-10-2002 12:31 PM

You're one lucky SOB:D With my luck, she would have taken out the boat, tahoe, and trailer, and pushed it all into my house!!! My house is about as close to the road as yours, and every once in a while I have this thought that some totally fired up person's going to come right through the wall of my bedroom and try to park their car.

Rob-- just got back from LOTO on Monday night-- you guys definitely have to do that. Just one long haul---13hrs @ 80mph pulling my buddies 26 Sea-Ray. I think next time I'm flyin:D

Advantage_Rob 07-10-2002 12:36 PM

Del Sol, how's your boat going, I haven't heard much from you about it lately. Flying into loto was what all my friends were talking about doing, but leaving me to drive with just a few people, I was like, "screw that, you guys can suffer thru the drive with me!!!"

delsol 07-10-2002 02:19 PM

Never again

will i buy a project boat:mad: :eek: I now know what all these guys on this board were talking about---everything takes 3 x's longer than it should have/was told etc. Maybe on saturday I'll be doing the water testing on Lake st. Clair. Motors are in and running,, just tidying up loose ends and have to install exhaust tips. I worked on it for 3 days straight at the mechanics place trying to get it done for LOTO, but didn't happen.

The next time i go to LOTO I'd fly and rent a boat down there. Wouldn't be as nice but when it comes down to it who cares when there's booze and boobs and bodily juices flowing everywhere:D :rolleyes: Actually i think one of those 40mph pontoon boats would do, I've never cared if anyone watched:eek:

Advantage_Rob 07-10-2002 02:35 PM

look at the good side, you've now got a big boat, that is better than new, and you'll soon forget about the headaches!!

Sounds like we should get a group together now to get a 70' houseboat for next year. They filled up this year in september...

delsol 07-10-2002 03:09 PM

Count me in!!! Those things rocked,-- iwas partying with these people from springfield ill. that had one there. That was the afternoon that, while trying to catch our boat, by hanging on the back of a jet ski i got run over by a 30' Sea-Ray. They were nice though brought me back to Lazy Days.

powerqrudy 07-10-2002 09:36 PM

ROB, I talked to the guys doing the construction on the knockdown a couple of doors down. Do you know the story on that Pretador boat a couple of doors down...Look forward to meeting you.