Another well known member GUILTY of Auto Theft >

Another well known member GUILTY of Auto Theft

Notices

Another well known member GUILTY of Auto Theft

Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing funny or ironic about it. One one hand, you have an obviously shady business with a clearly established pattern of abuse and ill treatment of OSO members going back at least a decade. On the other hand, you have a decent, trusting and good individual who's being railroaded by an overzealous dickhead PA. Fighting uphill battles can take its toll and be exhausting both financially and mentally. Sometimes you just got to do what you've got to do to protect your family. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, the irony and hypocrisy is THICK!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys on these forums kill me. So quick to jump on people and kick them while they're down! what's with it? Did he screw you over? or is it that some of you are that insecure that you have to feed off this crap? to all others that know Chuck and know him well, thanks for stepping up to the plate for him. Obviously, he can't tell his side of it on here until the dust has settles.

For the record, I've been friends with Chuck for over 20 years, he's the most standup guy I've ever meet. He really got the screws put to him on this deal. Only plead guilty cuz they dug up other unrelated crap that implicated others and he didn't want to do go that route. It's sad cuz they knew they had the wrong guy and this is how the DA saves face.

this is the Chuck I know (see threads below)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...verywhere.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...christmas.html

in addition, this spring when these little boy’s father mentioned in the above threads passed away Chuck knew there would be a lot of company at their house and the lawn and landscaping wasn't up to snuff. so chuck called a bunch of buddies, had mulch delivered and some plants etc. and spent the day at their house with his tractor making it look pretty for them. Just another nice gesture from him to a family he barely knew. However, some of you probably think it was a diversion to raid the kids piggy banks.

As far as "that's how we could afford a Nortech" comment. He had that Nortech long before this jerk-off was working for him. Hell Chuck was rocking a 1998 Eliminator Dayton factory direct to Lake George, then a Spectra 32' 496, Nortech 525.

Let’s end the BS speculation until Chuck has a chance to give the real story..... can't believe everything you read guys.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:30 AM
jwp
Registered
Gold Member

They mention only her making any money out of it...
Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pasquesi
Without getting into a huge rant, I agree with you completely Rick. On the bashing part.

In this day and age, of evidence technicians and experts in financial forensics, I find it impossible to believe that this guy is innocent. The DA would be open to a huge lawsuit for even TRYING to convict an innocent person when their reputation is obviously destroyed from even being indicted. Why plead guilty if you are completely innocent? Come on...

You think you know somebody? You don't. Gacy spent countless hours volunteering. Everyone thought he was a great guy.

Joe Paterno was a great guy. Gave millions to charity.

Ken Lay was a great guy. Gave millions to charity.

Then again, I hope for Chuck's sake that somehow he was just signing documents that were put in front of him and truly didn't know what was going on.
Just an observation, not saying he is guilty, but I agree, many nice guys have turned out to be criminals.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Maybe I am missing something, but didnt his happen under his watch, and involve his business? Which business is his? I am changing my wording to Ironic, you are correct, it is not funny for him.
Having an employee steal from your business should make you a victim, not a criminal. But now I do recall that in the wake of the Enron scandal congress had to do something to appease the public so they enacted legislation that made ceo's who sign off on financial documents criminally liable for any fraud contained in them - even if they didn't know about it. Yet another reason to not risk capital and start up a company and provide jobs. I think I get the picture now.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Also remember... a guy that lives a life we call normal. (Working hard, spending our cash on fast nice things) Cant be judged by a jury of his peers in our current society.

They will tire anyone out... and eliminate 99% of people just on legal expense alone. Like ive said cigdaze... ive lived it and i was guilty but they COULDNT prove it.

Once again. I hope chuck has the opportunity to walk away from this free, and with a new perspective.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Registered

I had the same sort of deal happen to person VERY close to me. When you are fighting the Feds there is no winning. I have faith in Chuck! I know what your going throught pal keep your head up. I'm my case, the most honest and hardest person I've ever met is in prison with a million dollar judgement against with, for some he did not do!!! The ****y lawyer broke him of his life savings. Good news is after almost 2 years he be home in a couple weeks. Bottom line never judge a man until you walk a day in his shoes.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Nothing funny or ironic about it. One one hand, you have an obviously shady business with a clearly established pattern of abuse and ill treatment of OSO members going back at least a decade. On the other hand, you have a decent, trusting and good individual who's being railroaded by an overzealous dickhead PA. Fighting uphill battles can take its toll and be exhausting both financially and mentally. Sometimes you just got to do what you've got to do to protect your family. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter.
Well put
Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just throwing #'s around... supposedly this "auto-theft ring" had been going on for a total of 5 yrs and the DA has Chuck by the balls for $136k?! So we're talking about $27k or so per year, which is a lot by some standards, but certainly not worth the risk when you're already running a successful business. Chuck's not the type of person to get involved in something like this in the first place, and if you knew him you'd know that he absolutely isn't the type of guy to put his business/reputation/family on the line for that kind of $$. I wish him the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.