Another well known member GUILTY of Auto Theft >

Another well known member GUILTY of Auto Theft

Notices

Another well known member GUILTY of Auto Theft

Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I dont know Chuck, and can't comment on whether he was guilty or not, I just think it is ironic to see the same faces bashing Pantera for business practices defending this guy.
You find it ironic ????

I find it right on both counts.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pasquesi
Without getting into a huge rant, I agree with you completely Rick. On the bashing part.

In this day and age, of evidence technicians and experts in financial forensics, I find it impossible to believe that this guy is innocent. The DA would be open to a huge lawsuit for even TRYING to convict an innocent person when their reputation is obviously destroyed from even being indicted. Why plead guilty if you are completely innocent? Come on...

You think you know somebody? You don't. Gacy spent countless hours volunteering. Everyone thought he was a great guy.

Joe Paterno was a great guy. Gave millions to charity.

Ken Lay was a great guy. Gave millions to charity.

Then again, I hope for Chuck's sake that somehow he was just signing documents that were put in front of him and truly didn't know what was going on.
Anyone feeling this way should educate themselves (no offense - your statement makes sense - it just doesn't hold water):

http://www.economist.com/node/21525840

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judge-...b_1553239.html

Last edited by X-Rated30; 08-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kirch
You guys on these forums kill me. So quick to jump on people and kick them while they're down! what's with it? Did he screw you over? or is it that some of you are that insecure that you have to feed off this crap? to all others that know Chuck and know him well, thanks for stepping up to the plate for him. Obviously, he can't tell his side of it on here until the dust has settles.

For the record, I've been friends with Chuck for over 20 years, he's the most standup guy I've ever meet. He really got the screws put to him on this deal. Only plead guilty cuz they dug up other unrelated crap that implicated others and he didn't want to do go that route. It's sad cuz they knew they had the wrong guy and this is how the DA saves face.

this is the Chuck I know (see threads below)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...verywhere.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...christmas.html

in addition, this spring when these little boy’s father mentioned in the above threads passed away Chuck knew there would be a lot of company at their house and the lawn and landscaping wasn't up to snuff. so chuck called a bunch of buddies, had mulch delivered and some plants etc. and spent the day at their house with his tractor making it look pretty for them. Just another nice gesture from him to a family he barely knew. However, some of you probably think it was a diversion to raid the kids piggy banks.

As far as "that's how we could afford a Nortech" comment. He had that Nortech long before this jerk-off was working for him. Hell Chuck was rocking a 1998 Eliminator Dayton factory direct to Lake George, then a Spectra 32' 496, Nortech 525.

Let’s end the BS speculation until Chuck has a chance to give the real story..... can't believe everything you read guys.
Very well said Dave.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! This whole thread reads like an episode of the Desperate Housewives! . What I find "ironic" is the OP of this thread has not posted since. Normally I keep my dumb little a$$ out of things like this, but from all the kind words about Chuck, he's got quite a few loyal friends. I truly hope it all works out to his level of innocence.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Didn't BigChubby have a lof friends, and was a "stand-up guy"?

Michael
Old 08-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1

Michael
Yep and sometimes it seems like others who don't have friends on here are guilty until proven innocent.

Will be interesting to see how this and other cases pan out.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1

Michael

You are innocent until proven guilty. BC just flat out lied, lied to me and is paying the price.

If anyone has spoken with Chuck over the situation you can see his perspective. It always pays to know who you get into business with, trust me, I personally am on a 4 year ordeal with a member here. Chuck from what I know is a good person, has been on this board for some time and has done some great things for people in need.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem with this deal is that, guilty or not, a lot of damage is already done. Now that his picture is on the news and he has some connection with this scam, even if he's found innocent and all charges are dropped, everybody will remember him as that guy they saw on TV stealing Hyundai's. Probably not the reputation you want if you make a living pushing cars.

Hopefully this does not turn out to be another Pantera - Too Old - Big Chubby - Troutly type of deal.

Step 1 - Lots of public defense, denial, 'can't be true' types.
Step 2 - Found guilty through legal process.
Step 3 - Online experts emerge to bash pre-trial cheerleaders.
Step 4 - Get lumped into a group of previously shamed members.
Step 5 - Fade into oblivion and only be mentioned when the next criminal shows up.

Hopefully not the case but seems to be pretty common. Let's hope he can get clear of this and restore his good character and reputation.

Last edited by BigMike; 08-25-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
I will say this people, Chuck is a great person and someone that worked in his business was involved which made him responsible. He didnt do the stealing, it was done on his watch. He IS guilty of being a nice guy and being too trusting.. Dont give up on him, He is one of the good guys
You obviously know him, so I'll go with what you say. I hope all works out well for him
Old 08-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

And from the other side of the coin, just because people are proven innocent, or guilty, doesn,t really mean, that they were REALLY, inocent,or guilty. Court of law is very strange, with its results. Sometimes , if you pay enough cash, to a very good lawyer, the intented result will be achived. OJ, anyone ? LOL
Sometimes checking out the lifestyle, and how people live, on a salary based on the average of whatever workforce someone is in, will give you a pretty good idea if easy money is coming from another source.
It ain,t rocket science.