Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
This boat worth restoring?? >

This boat worth restoring??

Notices

This boat worth restoring??

Old 08-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sell. Guarantee youll dump $ into floor, stringers, paint work, etc......then as soon as its done you'll want something bigger or faster. Youll lose your A$$ selling after that. Find what u would like or think you may like down the road.....

Sold 185 $ + floor, string, paint $ = better boat. Just survey the next one.
$.02
Old 08-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 580 Likes on 239 Posts

I am pretty sure the boat you bought is the one my nephew looked at he lives in Grand Rapids. It was a nice boat with a new 4000 dollar motor and a new drive and ia m pretty sure the interior was nice too

5 was a steal for it than , Just hope the next guy that buys it does not look it over better than you.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So... after a long talk with my dad, he suggested that we could do this together and I could use his 3 car garage for space. If i could do this whole job for around 1k or at least patch it up for less I think it would be worth it for a couple years of use and then go to a NEWER boat and not bigger.

I really dont have any ambitions of going to a bigger boat or faster boat just because I live on a smaller inland lake. I feel like i would lose money now if i sold it the way it is....

If you guys really think im making the wrong move on this, please still let me know... I guess you could say im still on the fence on this.

Why are boats so stressful!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussie695
If you guys really think im making the wrong move on this, please still let me know... I guess you could say im still on the fence on this.

Why are boats so stressful!!!
Do it yourself for ~$1000. But don't look at it as I am loosing $1000 on a boat I just bought. Use it as an education on how to repair a boat. So when you pick apart the next boat you are looking at, you can smile and say I can fix that cheap. As you are beating him down on price.

Listen to glassdave, he is one of the priceless members on here. Check his threads out in the Fiberglass/Paint section. I feel sometimes I need to send him a tuition check after reading them.