picked up a cheap bowrider >

picked up a cheap bowrider

Notices

picked up a cheap bowrider

Old 08-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picked up a cheap bowrider

i picked up a 93 Regal Valanti 196 OB 4.3 Mercruiser, boat is almost mint engine has 360 hours on it, but the guy has claimed low compression on port side, water in oil, and runs like dog chit, im fairly certain its a head gasket. block is solid, no cracks boat was a florida FRESH WATER ONLY boat, but anyone else have an idea on what it could otherwise be just incase? he said it never overheated and was always winterized, seems odd with only 300 hours. and could someone also lead me to the head torque pattern/values and intake manifold torque values.

much appriecated,

Mitch VK
Old 08-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Flamming in 3, 2, 1...
Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

if you're goin to be an ass about it go somewhere else....
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered

Not an ass. Read the threads. Similar thread going on today. Ie, reference cometic head gaskets. Also, your motor would be a trolling motor compared to comparable power on the boats and/or discussed here. Lastly, if your britches get wet at a simple comment you may want to avoid the interweb.

Last edited by Sunny32SSR; 08-29-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
Not an ass. Read the threads. Similar thread going on today. Ie, reference cometic head gaskets. Also, your motor would be a trolling motor compared to comparable power on the boats and/or discussed here. Lastly, if your britches get wet at a simple comment you may want to avoid the interweb.
yes i know its not a race boat, just looking for some help, isnt that what OSO is for? the guy had a marina look at it and they said could be an exhaust manifold issue, but that wouldnt cause the compression drop, i simply bought this boat to fix the engine issue and turn it for some quick cash. im currently googling for stuff now, i figured i would see what you guys might chip in on..
Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered

So, have you verifies that the compression is low? What cylinder? Could be a bad valve. Once you run a compression check that can take you in many directions. If it is low compression, it could be a bad valve or head gasket. If you pop a head and it looks good then you can scope the block and head to see if there way blow by. Head and/or block may need to be decked. Water in oil isn't good as it could again be the hg, block, or head AMD the raw water system is rolling into the oil. I referenced the other thread because aside from tearing down the block some great pointers were provided by bypassing the.cooling system....
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

So, have you verifies that the compression is low? What cylinder? Could be a bad valve. Once you run a compression check that can take you in many directions. If it is low compression, it could be a bad valve or head gasket. If you pop a head and it looks good then you can scope the block and head to see if there way blow by. Head and/or block may need to be decked. Water in oil isn't good as it could again be the hg, block, or head AMD the raw water system is rolling into the oil. I referenced the other thread because aside from tearing down the block some great pointers were provided by bypassing the.cooling system....
All 3 port side cyclinders are low comp, oily water is on the plugs. Im searching for threads currently
Old 08-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Scratch oilly water on the plugs i meant oil pan. Im probly pulling the head off tmmw or the next day
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Registered

So that likely rules out bad rings or valves. I'd steer first towards the port head gasket. If you don't have a mixture of low comp on cylinders you may have avoided an overheated motor

Last edited by Sunny32SSR; 08-29-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Registered

So that likely rules out bad rings or valves. I'd steer first towards the port head gasket. If you don't have a mixture of low comp on cylinders you may have avoided an overheated motor
Yea Ill let you know how it looks once I dig into it, thanks for your input man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.