Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New 27' Cat Open Bow. DCB, Eliminator or Nordic? >

New 27' Cat Open Bow. DCB, Eliminator or Nordic?

Notices

New 27' Cat Open Bow. DCB, Eliminator or Nordic?

Old 09-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If a 27 is what you want, I don't believe DCB makes a 27ft. We have a open DCB Decboat 30 and love it.

We also had a 26 Ultra deck and loved it as well and moved up when we wanted twin motors.

If your stuck on 27 ft, I don't think you'd go wrong with either the Ultra or Eliminator. Sorry, don't know much about the Nordic. If you not stuck to 27ft, you have quite a few options.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had both DCB and Eliminator.

DCB has fit and finish like no other, BUT I prefer the way my daytona drives better than the mach.

Leans in on turns and feels very "light".
Old 09-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by drejustice
If a 27 is what you want, I don't believe DCB makes a 27ft. We have a open DCB Decboat 30 and love it.

We also had a 26 Ultra deck and loved it as well and moved up when we wanted twin motors.

If your stuck on 27 ft, I don't think you'd go wrong with either the Ultra or Eliminator. Sorry, don't know much about the Nordic. If you not stuck to 27ft, you have quite a few options.
Isn't smallest cat dcb makes now in this size range is the F29 or M29: both of which are available in single or twin applications, right?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 AM
JFT
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Isn't smallest cat dcb makes now in this size range is the F29 or M29: both of which are available in single or twin applications, right?
DCB is offering me their M29 open bow.

The Ultra looks really nice bt the way.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JFT
DCB is offering me their M29 open bow.

The Ultra looks really nice bt the way.
The Ultra 27 Shadow is a very nice boat too.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
yes they do, its small, just for starting, idling etc... For runs they take their boats to Lake Elsinore, about 30mins south.
small enough for 4 big boats and still room. they use to have that facility until the economy took a crap. they are back at there old place. last I heard.

As for the DCB and Eliminator I would go Elim. For that size boat the Daytona would be faster and handle better with same power and since you are going for 100+ mph that is the way I would go. The fit and finish might be better on DCB but you do pay for it.
Attached Thumbnails New 27' Cat Open Bow. DCB, Eliminator or Nordic?-photo42.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices. I know Eliminator did a 27 Speedster with the 700 and our upgrades and it was a rocket. The 29 DCB is incredibly gorgeous, but its also a bigger boat. Keep in mind, with an open bow, it typically slows the boats down noticably because it puts extra weight in the nose, the last place needed in these cats until around 150mph where you want a little weight in the nose
Old 09-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered

Holy stereo in the boat at the bottom of page 4!!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Registered

Hands down best built by far is DCB. The eliminator 27&28 speedsters are eliminators nicest boats to date. Never been in a Nordic Thor, but I've been on 25&28 v bottoms which were nice boats as well. Overall IMO, having been on a F29 OB, F32 CB, M31, the 27 speedster, and the two Nordics I say that a side by side by side comparison that the DCB's are the nicest boats built. From their lay up of the hull, rigging the motor, polishing bolt heads, the exact precision of every aspect of their boats are by far the best of the best. I'm not knocking the other two builders... They build extremely beautiful boats but you were asking for the best.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Boats MW
No problem Jeff!

If there's one thing I can say is "Different"!

Our 27' handles the rough with ease, easy to drive and like I had mentioned before, it's yours and built to your vision.

That light blue with silver (on my phone anyway) tribal flames is sweet looking!!!!!!! WOW!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.