POWERBOAT Magazine manatee Article >

POWERBOAT Magazine manatee Article

Notices

POWERBOAT Magazine manatee Article

Old 07-10-2002, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation POWERBOAT Magazine manatee Article

The article on the Manatee situation in Florida was pretty interesting. However, the editorial by Brett Becker about the article was horrible! How this guy has risen to the level at POWERBOAT puzzles me. He is so arrogant and cocky it is ridiculous. Just like situation with the STM ad a few months back. What do you guys think?
Old 07-10-2002, 12:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Shane,
Since I don't get that mag. anymore as you know, I haven't read the article. I might have to go to the store and pick up a copy.
I'll comment after I read the article and BB's editorial.
MD
Old 07-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brett sounds like a tree hugger that doesn't want to lose his job. Dean whats up with the Glen? Are they going to shut it down to boats?
Old 07-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Registered

Dean,

If you don't want to support PB I will fax you the article if you would like. It is a MUST READ! Especially for you guys in Florida fighting the battle on the front lines. GMHDFAN, you are right. He does sound that way.
Old 07-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Shane/Buddy,
That would be great, because I DON'T really want to buy that POS publication!
The Fax # @ the house is (321)-453-2171, and once again I owe you brother! How is Kristen feeling? When are you + Kristen coming to FL.?
MD
Old 07-10-2002, 01:39 PM
Registered

Dean,

I will fax it tonight or tomorrow okay? I am testing the Skater tonight and will be home late. Kristen is feeling much better thanks! We werre talking about maybe a trip to Mickeyville this winter. May just have to make a drive for a boat ride!

Talk to yo soon.

Shane
Old 07-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Registered

Dean,

Did you get my fax?
Old 07-12-2002, 07:38 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Yes I did, thanks very much.
I think there might be a page missing, because the article is missing some data. I'll check it tonight and see. I was a little busy last night, didn't get to read the whole thing, and the parts I did read had inaccuracies in it. BUT I did read Brett Becker's editorial, and I was AMAZED at his level of ignorance, and arrogance! I guess it's easy to be INDIFFFERENT to the situation when you don't have to live with it!
No problem, PB will NEVER get another penny of mine, and we'll continue the fight to save FAMILY boating AND the Manatee in Fl. without the support of PB.
Thanks again Shane and I'll let you know if I'm missing a page or not.
TGIF,
MD
gmfn,
I don't know what is going on with the "Glen" BUT I can assure you that if Manatees are there, that the SMC will NEVER give up and trying to BAN BOATS from there! The SMC will come back every year to these areas, and continue with their lawsuits, until all powerboats are removed from these areas! That is their "Unoffical" mission statement!
MD

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 07-12-2002 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Registered

Brett Becker NEVER ceases to amaze me. After PB sent their contingency on here last year and posted how holier than thou they are, in addition to me receiving a personal phone call from one of their upper people, I would have thought they may have learned a lesson or two. I guess not. Once agin Brett Becker pisses off his readership wish arrogance and ignorance!
Old 07-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Registered

Sorry I no longert read it being that they sold out earlier with the ad they ran. Wimps...

Quick Reply: POWERBOAT Magazine manatee Article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.