Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video...84707524886630
Old 09-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
I know we all love to get on YouTube and watch the GoPro videos of us going fast and running close with other boats etc... There are even a few of me on there but shouldn't we consider for a second that if we have objectionable behavior or close calls or god forbid a accident... Couldn't we keep it to ourselves?

The government and the insurance companies are out there waiting to change our lives and regulate us and our big horsepower machines. It isn't like we aren't high profile enough with our loud paint and exhaust noise. They want to raise our rates and our deductibles and look for everything under the sun to deny a claim or cancel our coverage. It's bad enough that things happen and people aren't always safe when you add testosterone and HP and a lot of times a few beers people act foolishly. Just look at the video from the Fountain accident at LOTO. It has went viral and on newscasts around the country. People already think we are unsafe because I can go out and run my boat 2 times the speed limit on the interstate... Those people have not only hurt themselves but now they have hurt us all.
Over the last several weeks I have been reading on many sites not just OSO on how "THEY" are going to shut us down. I believe that the day of a maximum speed in a power boat will be here before we know it. UNLESS, we the performance boating community do something about it.

I am not aware of any large performance boating organizations that have a voice. What I mean by this, is there an origination similar to what the NRA does for gun rights and ABATE does for motorcyclists? I'm talking about a pure go fast organization that will speak on our behalf.

Just a thought

Last edited by Jason3603; 09-04-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason3603
Over the last several weeks I have been reading on many sites not just OSO on how "THEY" are going to shut us down. I believe that the day of a maximum speed in a power boat wil be here before we know it. UNLESS we "the performance boating community do something about it.

I am not aware of any large performance boating organations that have a voice. What I mean by this, is there an organation similiar to what the NRA does for gun rights and ABATE does for motorcycislts? I'm talking about a pure go fast organization that will speak on our behalf.

Just a thought.
Compared to the NRA or ABATE our numbers are insignificant as a lobby.
ed
Old 09-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
That's awesome. I was getting ready to comment about the same thing. Put some effort into communicating. We're not 14 year old kids texting each other, we're adult professionals communicating in the modern world. It's not that hard folks.

Buck
Interesting that F'n's post contains about 10 grammatical errors however.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Interesting that F'n's post contains about 10 grammatical errors however.
Will you please point them out us? I want to make sure I am not making the same mistakes in my postings.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Will you please point them out us? I want to make sure I am not making the same mistakes in my postings.

I think Buck was speaking to the spirit of F'ns post, not the letter.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
I think Buck was speaking to the spirit of F'ns post, not the letter.
Okay, I gotcha.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats folks... it was on CNN today....
Old 09-05-2012, 12:02 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
Congrats folks... it was on CNN today....
It wouldn't be there if he hadn't been showing off for the camera. Nobody's fault but his own.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
It wouldn't be there if he hadn't been showing off for the camera. Nobody's fault but his own.
Agreed 100%, he had an accident.

However, that's not the question posed in this thread. The first post in this thread was about posting videos of accidents or questionable activity on the internet for all to see.

As I stated earlier. If the owner and occupants didn't give permission to post this video there might be a big legal problem for all and imposed speed regulations on all of us who are innocent. If the owner posted the video, shame on him. As a result, now it's on national TV which will more than likely effect you and the rest of us directly....

Lot's of unanswered questions...

Last edited by Panther; 09-05-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.