Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38'(ish) boats and cabin room (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28410-38-ish-boats-cabin-room.html)

Miami 07-11-2002 07:47 AM

deck profile is usually - not always - the giveaway sign. Most boats with a walk-around and a raised deck give you more cuddy room.

I am 6'2" and have to bend in most. 50' Nortech, 42' Cig Tiger were suprisingly short. Sonic, pre Slingshot 40' hustler and 41' Velocity are suprisingly tall.

In all my boats, I have a back of one of the couches custom made to be removed and placed in the walkway to make a huge bed / playpen area. This allowas you to be in the taller part of the boat, gives you a queen size rctangular sleeping area and puts you closer to the necessities ( TV, refigerator & head ).

Black Thunder is a no brainer. I beleive they are only making a 46' now.

BillR 07-11-2002 12:04 PM

I have a PowerQuest 34 and it has tons of headroom, plus A/C & heat, hot/cold water, a STAND UP head, and a huge v berth. I am 6' 1" and I don't have to duck going into the cabin. Once inside, I only have to tilt my head or bend slightly. . . lots of room.

Beware of published headroom "specs"!!! I have been on Donzi 33's & 38's and they publish lots of headroom, but for the life of me, I can't see where they get those numbers!!! Before some of you flame me; I am NOT trying to trash Donzi, instead I have personally been on them, and the headroom advertised is not indicative of their actual headroom. Also, I am sure they are not the only ones with this type of spec. Go get in the boat that interests you and see if the space in that cabin is what you want.

BillR 07-11-2002 12:15 PM

Here is a pic of a PowerQuest 34 cabin:

Reckless32 07-11-2002 12:29 PM

You folks are spending way too much time in your cuddy's. Come out and play a little...But while your down there, hand me another boat-soda will ya......:D

32fever 07-11-2002 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Reckless288
You folks are spending way too much time in your cuddy's. Come out and play a little...But while your down there, hand me another boat-soda will ya......:D
LOL!. There are "other things" you can do in a cabin, bruh.

LIke Audacity's slogan about how well you run fast, you can go out runnin, but come back to dock for some luvin. LOL!

Who am I kiddin', married too long fo' dat.....

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like PQ and Donzi are great for cabin room. Now, to get one that runs 90+....hmmmmmmm...

Mark

Bosco 07-11-2002 01:15 PM

Powerplay 38', Has 6'1" of headroom at the enranceway. Tapering down as you move forward. Very comfortable in setee', and a large V-berth. Largest head area I have seen in this size vessel and galley.:cool:

BryanTuvell 07-11-2002 02:22 PM

BillR
First time I ever saw your cuddy, very nice!

Too bad my feet are always dirty! LOL

But now I know....

Bryan

FunHome 07-11-2002 02:33 PM

What about the Baja 38 Special? It has pertty good head room, and it can be found with Gen and A/C! That's the direction I'm headed in, but it's going to be a couple of years!

That cabin in the Powerquest look's huge!! I may have to take a look!

BillR 07-11-2002 02:42 PM

Originally posted by Bryan Tuvell
BillR
First time I ever saw your cuddy, very nice!

Too bad my feet are always dirty! LOL

But now I know....

Bryan

B,
Thats not my cuddy. Close. . . . Pic was taken at a boatshow.
Plus mine looks better!:D

hp500efi 07-11-2002 03:08 PM

Originally posted by BillR

B,
Thats not my cuddy. Close. . . . Pic was taken at a boatshow.
Plus mine looks better!:D

Bill, how do I know that??? No built in AC in that galley area :D