Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outdrive Locks - What & Where? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28412-outdrive-locks-what-where.html)

Dock Holiday 07-10-2002 04:12 PM

Thanks Jennifer,

You are a trooper, a very good lookin trooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

SunseekerNY 07-10-2002 04:30 PM

Thanks!

Craig called me back and told me all about his company. They manufacture all kinds of marine security devices in addition to stern locks. He's doing very well. I love it when I hear good news! Nice guy too. He's also a world champion racer too! Cool.

Jennifer

sy goldberg 07-10-2002 05:01 PM

CRAIG FROM STERNLOCK.

LOCKS ARE GREAT BUT CRAIG WILL GIVE AN ASPIRIN A HEADACHE.:p :p :p :p :p

sy goldberg 07-10-2002 05:04 PM

STERNLOCKS

CRAIG FORGOT TO MENTION THAT HE IS COMING OUT WITH HIGH PERFORMANCE CHASTITY BELTS WITH THE SAME KEY SYSTEM AS THE DRIVE LOCKS.:D :D :D :D :D

zahndok 10-02-2002 12:24 AM

Those considering SternLock from Marine Securities. Beware!!!

Ordered the prop and stern lock for my XR drive from Craig 6 weeks ago 2nd day air on my insurance agents recomendation. Craig cashed my promptly mailed check and has yet to deliver my locks. He rarely answers his phone and when he has answered he gives excuses for why it still hasn't been shipped. As of 2 weeks ago he left a phone message that he mistakenly shipped my product to a gentleman in Texas and gave me the man's name and phone # in Texas and told me to try to get in touch with him myself to get my locks. What? I have contacted the gentlman in Texas and he is getting the same story about his ordered lock from Craig. Why he doesn't just ship us new product and pick up the wrong product I don't know but obviously character and common sense business practices are not his strong point. At this point I consider Marine Securities a scam and to have stolen my money.

My apologies for such a negative first post. I need to add that I have lurked for some time and find the forums to be a great source of valuable information.

bobby daniels 10-02-2002 01:54 PM

HEY MARK THE MC GAURD WORKS WELL AND IS A VERY GOOD WELL KNOWN COMPANY OVERTONS HAS THE LOCKS AND WILL KEEP THE AVG.OR ABOVE AVG. GUY AWAY FROM YOUR BOAT AND MAKE HIM GO TO AN XR WITH NO LOCK ,WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE THE THEIF ,(EASY OPPORTUNITY) SAVE THE TROUBLE AN
GET THE MCGAURD EVEN ON LINE !!:D :D :D
I HAVE MCGAURD ON MY DRIVES AND THEY LEFT MY DRIVES ON AND STOLE MY NEIGHBORS OFF HIS BOAT ON HIS LIFT :mad: :mad:

BAJA WILL 10-02-2002 05:28 PM

I need to find something also, I am trying to find a place with a indoor storage facility??

Will

wwwTOPDJcom 10-02-2002 09:15 PM

I use 10 feet of 1/2" vinyl sleeved chain and 4 cowbells
with shoot first ask questions later on each one
The theif will just walk away shaking his head:D :D :D

Tinkerer 10-02-2002 09:22 PM

I use explosive bolts-- Remove them in the wrong order and no more thief.

That and I have been known to plug the shore power cord in backwards. This leaves the drives hot (120 VOLTS) to earth ground.

ChrisK 10-02-2002 09:54 PM

I like the stern locks alot better than the McGaurds... the only small issue is if you have a drive shower and the style of shower that it is... I had to modify my drive shower to get it fitting properly.... Other than that is works great...