If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Any good waterfront bars in the San Diego area?

I'll be in San Diego on bidness toward the end of July. Wondering if there is a good bar on the water anyplace down there? Wouldn't mind kicking back with a cold Dos Equis and watching the boats....

Mike J
    AHHHH Your kidding I Guess
    The town is Home for one of the Biggest NAVY bases
    in the U.S.
    Mission Bay Has some nice
    Hope a Local will come on
    and give you more info.
    Mike J.

My Boats:
    Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
    Bell Canyon, CA
    Are you kidding me?????? This is California. It's illegal to look at any boats while drinking a beer.

Mission Bay has a few places, there is a place across the bay from the Mariott marina, there is the Marriott Marnia Sports Club, there's all kinds of places.

We're going to be down there next week. I'll see if I can remember a few when I get back.

My Boats:
    2004 28 Skater / 300x's
    San Diego
    There is also the "Bare Foot Bar" inside Mission bay. They have a dock out front where you can tie up if you are coming via a boat. It is across the bay from Sea World. There are also some restaurants inside San Diego harbor that are water front. "Anthony's Fish Grotto" is located on Pacific Coast Highway next to the "Star Of India". They are water front and also have a dock. If you look around down in the area of the harbor or Mission bay it won't be hard to find a place.

Charter Member #355 Charter Member CheckmateF1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    North Texas!
    Wife and I were in San Diego back in April. We stayed at the Marriot Hotel and Marina. Nice place but I was very disappointed that there were no performance boats anywhere. Just a bunch of yachts and cruisers and runabouts. I even posted here in an attempt to catch a ride on a members boat. But no luck. Not on the water but I recommend the "Top Gun" bar across the street from the hotel. Pretty cool inside as that's where some of Top Gun movie was filmed.

Boatless in Texas......for now