Notices

Why is LOTO so great?

Old 09-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

LOTO is ok, but I much prefer Corps lakes where you go to get away from development and can actually enjoy the beauty of nature on the shore and not some guys tasteless, gaudy lake home.

Therefore,

Cumberland > LOTO
Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
LOTO is ok, but I much prefer Corps lakes where you go to get away from development and can actually enjoy the beauty of nature on the shore and not some guys tasteless, gaudy lake home.

Therefore,

Cumberland > LOTO
Man I wanted to go to Cumberland Poker run this weekend....just couldnt pull it all together.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Therefore,

Cumberland > LOTO
It is great that we all have choices that we can make as far as where we go. Choosing one certainly does not make the others "bad" though. It is all about being on the water!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRL505
Making friends....as usual.

Or were you referring to the boat? lol
The boat I mean whats more important .
Old 09-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by psi
Im from miami and south florida and love boating in the keys, but theres just smthing about LOTO that I think is awesome...yes on the weekends its not for everyone especially in the heavy traffic areas, but during the week, the water is absolutely amazing...and ofcourse shootout weekend and holidays its crazy, but thats expected...when u tie up for the shootout and see miles of boats tied up together its amazing and the poeple are the friendliest...ive been 3 yrs in a row to the shootout and cant wait to go back next year!! I hope to try Havasu next year a nd see what that is all about as well!!

Regards,
Brendan

Never been to LOTO but not having to deal with morons at Black Point and Elliot is priceless no matter where you are..
Old 09-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I get a kick out of the Table Rock vs. LOTO rivalry.

It's like high school football all over again.

For the record, I love both lakes, but for completely different reasons.
LOTO is quite possibly the best for what type of lake it is. But if someone wants something more like Tablerock, why not do better and keep going south a little further and hit Beaver Lake in Arkansas?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered

I have never been to LOTO, I don't feel my 24' or any boat I have owned is big enough.

I love the thought of all the different hangouts but shy away from the stories of the roughness.

I really like Kentucky Lake. It is starting to pick up with places on the water to visit. Plus it is 183 MILES long. There are places that is congested but with that distance you can find places where you are the only boat.

Not to mention from Kentucky Lake, I can boat to Nashville (4hrs) or go to Pickwick(about 5hrs).

Or even put in at my local river ramp and boat down to Kentucky lake(4hrs) for a good weekend of boating.

I really think Kentucky Lake is underrated by most.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
In reading the Fountain crash thread I saw a few comments about the crazy weekend/holiday traffic on the 90 mile lake and I got to thinking why is this the fun place to be with washing machine waves, tons of traffic, WP a holes etc?

I get the 90 miles long part with plenty of waterfront bars/restaurants, the fact it is centrally located for many folks in the midwest, reasonable real estate (condos/docks etc) but what it the main thing about LOTO that is so great?

Bigger question was if LOTO residents hypothetically had other choices would LOTO still be their weekend destination?
What if S. Florida or Lake Havasu were 2 hours from your home like LOTO is would you bail on LOTO?

What is the one thing about LOTO that is undesirable?
Its not!!! It sucks.... Please dont come.

next....
Old 09-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
It is great that we all have choices that we can make as far as where we go. Choosing one certainly does not make the others "bad" though. It is all about being on the water!
Never in my post I stated that LOTO was "bad". I've been there and enjoyed my stay, I just prefer Cumberland and the natural beauty without the personal docks and homes everywhere.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Never in my post I stated that LOTO was "bad". I've been there and enjoyed my stay, I just prefer Cumberland and the natural beauty without the personal docks and homes everywhere.
I love having a personal dock with a lift. I do want to check out Cumberland sometime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.