How did your boat run this summer..?? >

How did your boat run this summer..??

Notices

How did your boat run this summer..??

Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Best boating summer for me yet! I spent more time running 100MPH or more then most people have at 70.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Default Summer

Started the year with a cracked block and 2 burnt pistons the week before memorial weekend. My Awesome engine builder had a new short block done by thursday. Back on the water Saturday of holiday weekend. Blew head gasket on Sunday. Carb problems to follow... run great for 2 weeks. Blew other motor. 3 weeks later back on the water. Same day fried sea water pump. Next week back on the water. Following week starter broke... Finally all is well; did a prop swap and ran it WFO for the first time ever. "83.7mph" on GPS. All of this was after I completely restored boat with custom dash, gauges, controls, stereo, and Hydraulic steering. So all in all I have spent every dime of savings, half a years wages, and MANY hours of working on it for about 12 hrs of fun. Man I love powerboats...
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bad judgment
Started the year with a cracked block and 2 burnt pistons the week before memorial weekend. My Awesome engine builder had a new short block done by thursday. Back on the water Saturday of holiday weekend. Blew head gasket on Sunday. Carb problems to follow... run great for 2 weeks. Blew other motor. 3 weeks later back on the water. Same day fried sea water pump. Next week back on the water. Following week starter broke... Finally all is well; did a prop swap and ran it WFO for the first time ever. "83.7mph" on GPS. All of this was after I completely restored boat with custom dash, gauges, controls, stereo, and Hydraulic steering. So all in all I have spent every dime of savings, half a years wages, and MANY hours of working on it for about 12 hrs of fun. Man I love powerboats...
Lol, wow boats are alot of fun, right? LOL...
Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year warmed over the stock 454 and blew it up twice in 15 hours!!! Sold the boat and picked up 26zx with stock merc 502. Install gas, twist the key, and go... Lesson learned

Don't mess with the friggin motor to gain a few miles per hour that you will seldom use. Upgraded the exhaust for piece of mind and I will not touch it again. ---deal I made with the boat gods---

And my better half.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Other than a fuel line issue (12 years old..), ZERO problems. Thank you, Ilmor, Innovation and Volvo-Penta!!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Test drove a boat, bought it. Ran great and drove great. Hauled it home and took it apart.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered

after 87 or so hours this summer, dinged prop, 2 sea pumps, blower tensioner bearing, blower belt. ran 81mph @ 3500ft of elevation last weekend in a v hull getting my ass kicked by several cats getting the best of all the other v's. having a blast running in nebraska for the last weekend of the summer. gonna take forever to get her clean again but SOOOO worth it!! bring on the snow...... then i'll be ready for more boating!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered

Its always cool too read everyone's response's. Sorry for anyone that had bad luck this summer on the water...

Wow, September's here, the days are getting shorter....

Should I say winter's getting close yet?.. Lol...
Old 09-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Found a connecting rod in my bilge the end of June. Re-did motors and have put 15hrs on them in the past 3 weekends. I'm hoping that I get more than 64 hrs out of these motors LOL..

Bad judgement PM sent.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 26awesome
Best boating summer for me yet! I spent more time running 100MPH or more then most people have at 70.
Sweet looking avator pic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.