Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT - Who here smokes cigarettes? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28428-ot-who-here-smokes-cigarettes.html)

Biggus 07-10-2002 06:17 PM

I have a 38' Cigarette named "Smokin" and I don`t even smoke:D :D :D

MissAmy 07-10-2002 06:49 PM

Jennifer,

I must say, I am surprised to hear you are a smoker. I thought you did marathons, bodybuilding, etc. I would think being a smoker would be hard on the lungs being so athletic. How long have you been a smoker, btw?

It is a bad habit; we all have our own vices though. :( The cost alone would make me want to quit though. lol

cuda 07-10-2002 06:51 PM

Unfortunately I do smoke. I hate it, but it is hard to kick. I 've tried the patch, gum, and hypnosis.

I smoke Doral lights, which tastes just like a Marlboro Light, but just burns a little faster. Filled out something that came in the mail, and now they send $3 off coupons all the time. Carton runs 19 to 22 dollars here.(same area as Baja Daze) I promised myself this morning I wouldn't smoke more than two packs today. It will be close.

Maximus 07-10-2002 07:02 PM

Incognito

You Rock!!

Maximus

PhantomChaos 07-10-2002 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A blast from the past.........

Bo Knows 07-10-2002 07:18 PM

Hey smokers !!

Big news flash ! Guess what ! Smoking is not good for you !It causes cancer, bad breath, disgusting butts & ashes, burnt clothing, loss of income, smelly clothes & hair, burns on people, yellow teeth, stinky car, segregation from non smokers, shortness of breath, fires, polution, 2nd hand smoke, irritates your throat, ages your skin, makes your eyes water, smokers cough, looks stupid, and worst of all a cigarette could burn a hole in your boats upholstery ! Don't be a loser. Quit now !!

Bo knows

SunseekerNY 07-10-2002 07:27 PM

Originally posted by MissAmy
Jennifer,

I must say, I am surprised to hear you are a smoker. I thought you did marathons, bodybuilding, etc. I would think being a smoker would be hard on the lungs being so athletic. How long have you been a smoker, btw?

It is a bad habit; we all have our own vices though. :( The cost alone would make me want to quit though. lol

I actually lit up on the finish line of the Canon/LI marathon a few years back - TV cameras! (Whodda thought?) What they got on film was me promptly puking in the bushes. I deserved that! I still run almost every day, and I can go distance, but Lord help my speed.

I started smoking in acting class in college when I was 21. I've tried everything to quit. I REALLY wish I could. In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to move to Europe. EVERYONE smokes EVERYWHERE.

MissAmy 07-10-2002 07:28 PM

Bo~

I am sure many of them want to and are trying.

If it were that easy to quit, there probably wouldn't even be any smokers around anymore.

MissAmy 07-10-2002 07:30 PM

Jen~

Don't move to Europe....just keep trying to quit. I wish it were easier. :(

Good luck

cuda 07-10-2002 07:35 PM

Hey Bo, glad you pointed that out. I didn't know that. Think I'll go ahead and quit now with that hot off the press knowledge.

Here's a newsflash for you........the sun rose in the east today.