Notices

OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

Old 07-11-2002, 07:04 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Consintracy
I'm on Zyban
Me too again)! Maybe this time it will work?!
Old 07-11-2002, 07:32 AM
Registered

Sunseeker , I could use a month off

Old 07-11-2002, 08:00 AM
Miami

Jennifer - virginiatobacco.com, $26.00 a carton plus shipping. Until you quit, why go broke!!!! I think the web address is correct. If not let me know.

Old 07-11-2002, 08:23 AM
Registered

Candyman~

I remember those candy cigarettes! I used to love those things!! (i'm kinda glad they don't call them that anymore; i don't think i would want my kids walking around pretending to be smoking...........lord, that's what i used to do! lol I used to think I looked so cool waving that candy around. lol )

Now..you say you have CHOCOLATE ones??? *perk* Being a choco-holic I could start a new addiction with those! haha

Hope you're having a wonderful summer.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:24 AM
CRUBOSS

SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU AND THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU. SMOKING HAS CAUSED THE DEATHES OF SOME CLOSE FRIENDS OF MINE.... I WISH MY X WIFE WOULD START SMOKING !!!

Old 07-11-2002, 09:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SunSeeker,
I'll tell you how I quit.
No, it wasn't cold turkey, only at the end.
Back in '86 New Jersey Board of Health enacted laws against smoking in the workplace. Every buisness had to come up with a smoke reduction plan leading to a totally non-smoking environment with in three years. The company I worked for started off by allowing us to smoke for the first five minutes of each hour, one cigerette every hour or as many as you could suck down in five minutes. We were not allowed to go outside to smoke between scheduled smoke periods. After about eight months they went to the first five minutes of each odd hour (7,9,11,1,3,5, etc.).
I know it sounds strange but it really wasn't hard. It didn't take long before we became accustomed to the schedule. After a while I found I could go all night without smoking then I could go all weekend without. That's the way I was until I quit.
I went from two packs a day down to one pack very four days.

Last edited by Iggy; 07-11-2002 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:33 AM
BTJ88

To all the people how are not now or ever been smokers - please keep your smartass comments about smoking to yourself. I smoked for 5 yrs. Then one thing that pissed me off more than anything was the non-smokers comments about how bad it was and "I can't believe YOU smoke!" Being a smoker isn't that uncommon.

I now choose to REFRAIN from smoking when not out drinking socially. It took a long time to get to this point.

BTW - Michigan legislature just passed a bill that will increase the state tax on packs of cigarettes from $0.75 to $1.25. Apparently smokers are the cause of the budget deficit. We already pay close to $4.00 a pack for premium brands.

Old 07-11-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered

You can do it Jennifer,
I started smoking when I was 8 years old. I just celebrated my 4th year of indepenance from nicoteen on July 4. I was smoking 3-1/2 packs a day and was 39 years old when I quit.

I used Zyban and it worked. You really have to want to quit though. I just got tired of wheezing myself to sleep.

I figured I have saved over $26,000 since I quit.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

BTJ88,
I do not and never have made "smart ass" comments to smokers.
I said that I couldn't believe she smokes since Jen is an ex-model and models are usually very health and image conscious.
I also don't preach the evils of smoking to those that do. If you want to smoke, go right ahead just don't do it in my house, in my cars or on my boat.
Ever since I lost both parents in three years to smoking related illness's and my daughter has asthma, which is aggrivated by tobacco smoke, I have a different outlook.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exclamation

I'd also like to add that if I offended anyone I apologize.
That was not my intention.

It's obvious I struck a nerve with at least one OSO member.

Quick Reply: OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.