My Sister

Old 09-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

You have my condolences. Very sad.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sorry to hear about Your loss. May Your Sister rest in peace. Prayers sent to You an Your Famly. Artie
Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Cancer absolutely sucks. It is a terrible disease that pays no attention to age, gender, or the quality of the individual. Everybody has been touched by it. My thoughts are with your family.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thank you

I would like to sincerely thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers regarding my sisters death. I was able to care for her full time for the last 6 weeks of her life. I fed her, gave her all of her meds, talked to her and was there for her when she passed. I was honored.

We had a memorial for her on Sunday. The turnout was amazing and proved how much she was loved. Unfortunately, when we returned home to my Moms house, we discovered that we had been robbed while we were at the service.

The only conclusion that we can come up with is that whomever did it was probably looking for the cancer meds. They got my money, but that was all. The meds were destroyed when my sister died but judging by what they left untouched (new laptop, jewelry, ipod, and a house full of stuff) they had to be looking for something particular.

I cannot imagine how messed up aomeone has to be to rob someones house after they lost a loved one. Lucky for them, I didn't catch them because it would have been a couple of hours of me experimenting with them before I called the police.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My families thoughts and prayers go out to yours....
Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iamjoe
I would like to sincerely thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers regarding my sisters death. I was able to care for her full time for the last 6 weeks of her life. I fed her, gave her all of her meds, talked to her and was there for her when she passed. I was honored.

We had a memorial for her on Sunday. The turnout was amazing and proved how much she was loved. Unfortunately, when we returned home to my Moms house, we discovered that we had been robbed while we were at the service.

The only conclusion that we can come up with is that whomever did it was probably looking for the cancer meds. They got my money, but that was all. The meds were destroyed when my sister died but judging by what they left untouched (new laptop, jewelry, ipod, and a house full of stuff) they had to be looking for something particular.

I cannot imagine how messed up aomeone has to be to rob someones house after they lost a loved one. Lucky for them, I didn't catch them because it would have been a couple of hours of me experimenting with them before I called the police.
Unfortunately, there are some people out there so in the thrall of the drugs they are hooked on that their perception of decent behaviour has long abandoned them.

It amazes me that they are still functional enough to scour newspapers and the social media for notices of memorials and funerals etc. for the opportunities they present.

I am truly sorry for your loss and more so for the disgusting events that followed.