Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jason Priestley again.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28470-jason-priestley-again.html)

bajah2x105 07-14-2002 10:07 PM

I think he would have a great chance at MLBaseball-JORDAN DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
Just goes to show you that money can't buy you skill...

packinair 07-14-2002 10:27 PM

I know I will get slammed for this (not that I really give a ****:p ) BUT...... If I was in the position where I had a bizzillion dollars and did not have to work you can sure as hell bet I would be racing one of everything. So how can you all just jump on this guy for doing what just about what any of us would be doing? I have not followed his racing but even if he is not the best driver on the planet was whoever the world champion the best when he first jumped in a supercat?? Leave the poor guy alone, he is just living most of our dreams, why not take all this nitpicking and put it to good use, like supercrash bashing!:D

OUTLAW Drew 07-14-2002 10:32 PM

I agree. He just gets more p**sy than all of us put together and gets to play with all the toy we wish we could........ALL THE TIME!!!

Ron P 07-14-2002 10:34 PM

I'd do the same thing if I were in his shoes. I would just hope to be a little more humble, take the time to learn and not bash my pit crew or someone else for my errors.

I'm not trashing him so much for his mistakes as the way he handles the press afterword.

mcollinstn 07-14-2002 10:43 PM

ooooh, packinair...

misreads our intent, he does (sayeth the wise Yoda).

Never have I been critical of his decisions to accept the offers of racing the machines he has somehow scored. I am as jealous of his opportunities as anybody.

I AM, however, extremely critical of his documented smug-assed attitudes surrounding his racing mishaps. The man has never publicly accepted any portion of blame for any of his direct actions on a racecourse. He appears (in my opinion) to feel that his magnificence alone leaves him immune to any criticism.

This man has used his high profile and fame to score rides in dream machinery. This is, please note, different than earning the right via proven results in less demanding racing divisions.

Once again, I would use whatever strings I could pull to attempt the same. I do feel, though, that I would not have the brazen egotistical nuggets to stand before a microphone and blame MY rookie mistakes on my crewmembers or on "unexpected wave conditions" or "just racing". I say "man enough to leverage fame; man enough to take the blame" (hey, I just made that up).

M

packinair 07-14-2002 10:49 PM

as I said, I have not seen how he handles that part of it.. if that is the case then I miss read that part of it

bajah2x105 07-14-2002 10:56 PM

Mcollinstn & Ron P took the words out of my mouth. He's getting bashed by me for his crappy attitude, not his will to follow some dreams! I don't ***** at my wife for leaving the seat down when I piss on it:eek: . Hmmmmmmmm? Why do I get yelled at for leaving it up? I'll have to check into that!;) :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-14-2002 11:36 PM

Originally posted by bajah2x105
I don't ***** at my wife for leaving the seat down when I piss on it:eek: . Hmmmmmmmm? Why do I get yelled at for leaving it up? I'll have to check into that!;) :D
:D :D :D Too funny!!! :D :D :D

Audiofn 07-15-2002 12:22 AM

More proof that males are smarter then women :D:D

puder 07-15-2002 12:42 AM

i'm no big JP fan BUT he did wind up takign 2nd in that car race eventually. Thi is what iheard over the weekend. FYI i was at Watkins Glen crewing and that is what I heard.

Additioanlly from whati hear Ari Lyundyke (spelled wrong i think) **** on his crew visciously and frequently.