Team Warpaint Set to Return with New MTI >

Team Warpaint Set to Return with New MTI

Notices

Team Warpaint Set to Return with New MTI

Old 09-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Im personally sick of a 1or 2 boat race, Im sure the fans are too.
Wish the turbine crowd would convert.
ed
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes, this was Randy Linebach's boat that he was killed in, in Biloxi. It ie the ex-Drambuie (Mantano/Hartman boat)
Old 09-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Yes, this was Randy Linebach's boat that he was killed in, in Biloxi. It ie the ex-Drambuie (Mantano/Hartman boat)
Kind of off topic, but what boat is/was on your website as "Recovery"? Was this one built new or another raceboat before? Like the stripe scheme. Where did this MTI go? Still have same graphics on it?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much horsepower

how much horsepower will those engines make ,and how fast do you think they will go . have 44 cat the old arasaki canopy race boat it would be on the larger side but it;s lite do you think it would be competative would not want to be in the back on the pack all the time

Last edited by brian walls; 09-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

I hope they can get it ready for the Clearwater race. More boats and more fun.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The Recovery boat on my site was one of Stuart's pleasure boat.... It is now painted and a pleasure boat in Grand Lake, Ok.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
The Recovery boat on my site was one of Stuart's pleasure boat.... It is now painted and a pleasure boat in Grand Lake, Ok.
cool (like it the way it is in the "Recovery" colors")
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Yes the compression has been lowered to 9.5 to extend engine life. Alot of people complained about frequent rebuilds, thought it may be the limiting factor in the class.Time will tell , but the more the better. I had the pleasure of racing JR from Stihl in Coaco beach, they have converted to SUPERCAT from cat lite. All who are currently in the class want to race more boats. Its was pretty dismal for a while but hope this is a step in the right direction. Key West will be the test, Stihl,Loriblu,Warpaint,WHM and Myself will be there. There is also Abrams-Reliable, Bouedreaux's ASHTON, Talkin Trash and Mazzonis BTM sittin around that could easily make a 7-9 boat fleet possibility in the future. Im personally sick of a 1or 2 boat race, Im sure the fans are too.
Tony thats great to see some movement in the SuperCat class to bring it back together. My all time favorite class right there. What kind oh HP are seeing with the lower compression ratio?

Congrats to the Warpaint guys on the new ride.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts

A few more quotes from the Warpaint crew in today's OSO story...
https://www.offshoreonly.com/article...-team-warpaint
Old 09-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Motors going in boats as you guys read this, Its looks like we will see about 750hp. It will equate to a speed right around 125mph-128mph . But should be able to go 6-7 races. The reduction in speed is probably good for canopy safety because I feel they are safe up to that speed.

Brian I been involved with different boats for the class on different levels. If you want to run that boat I ,m sure that we can accomodate hp to be competitive. If you get me the weight i can give you specific reccomendations.
Our goal is to get the class back on track not only for ourselves but for race fans as well. PM me your phone and we can chat. If your in KW spot by. Remeber that boat will very competitve in the rough compared to my "potato chip" and it looks like over half are bumpy courses.

Dave you know me, I cant stand 1,2 or no people to race against---drives me insane. Jumpin on top a deck of a boat at the end of a race waivin a flag when you didnt beat anyone makes me sick...its not racing ,it a BOAT RIDE. Everyone in the class feels the same way- so I'm alittle better nowdays about the future. Its a very affordable, sustainable class .Hope to see you soon.

Dindt mean to side track WARPAINTS thread, congrats to those guys for moving forward in the class always good competitors!

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 09-20-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.