Got Heli Pic Proofs - Need Opinions! >

Got Heli Pic Proofs - Need Opinions!

Notices

Got Heli Pic Proofs - Need Opinions!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by blefever
IMO.....#1 and #3 are out because you are looking at the chopper. All others have + and - but I like #4.
I really like #1 though and it should look cool with the transom visible. I agree on 3. Another vote for #4. It's looking like it will be #1 & 4!

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
I hope you didn't take that the wrong way.
I was serious when I stated covering you up with life jacket or even the inflatables is such an easy fix. I certainly wasn't knocking you for not having it. I would say many of us have done the same thing at least once ...
No, not at all. Going without a life jacket is a reasonable risk sometimes. It was a hot day and I wasn't looking to break any speed records. Actually it was Labor Day Monday and I was headed to Muscamoot Bay on Lake St. Clair. I'm not looking to get these published so will forgo the life jacket. I'll just have them touch it up a little. The lighting was bad.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Registered

I chose 1 & 4. They will do some photoshop work and cleaning up and submit new proofs for my final approval. I will order 16x20 prints. Thanks everybody, I was already sold on #1 but you guys helped me decide on #4.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Thanks. 4 seems to be popular. 3 has too much boat in the water. I like 6 too but need to narrow it down to two pics.
One of the reasons I picked 3, and don't want to change your mind is that it is a good picture of you and your face looking at the Heli. That would be more important to me as one day the kids or grand kids are going to be looking back at the picture and say there's Dad or Grandpa driving his boat. They won't be saying who was that driving the yellow Donzi that had to much hull in the water. Their going to know that face for ever as my Dad or Grandpa driving the yellow boat he use to have long time ago. Neat.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
One of the reasons I picked 3, and don't want to change your mind is that it is a good picture of you and your face looking at the Heli. That would be more important to me as one day the kids or grand kids are going to be looking back at the picture and say there's Dad or Grandpa driving his boat. They won't be saying who was that driving the yellow Donzi that had to much hull in the water. Their going to know that face for ever as my Dad or Grandpa driving the yellow boat he use to have long time ago. Neat.
Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
AB, I appreciate your opinion. I just want more of an action shot. And we have yet another vote for #4!!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Registered

Angry

This is not going well. They totally botched the touch up work that I requested and painted my boat a pissy shade of yellow that looks like it's been fading in the sun for 20 years and removed all natural shading. Terrible work and not at all what I asked for. When I called them I was sternly told that they will not do any more work on my pics and that I can either buy the originals or the butchered prints for $250 each. When I informed her that if that was the case then I would post the pics on every boating forum on which I participate and slam BoatPix. Now I am waiting for a call from the owner. Look what they did to my boat:

edit: I just talked with Tom, the owner of BoatPix and hopefully we can get this resolved. I just asked that the pictures by brightened up a bit and some other very minor touch-up work. If they can do that then Boatpix has my good word that I will buy two 16x20 prints for $250 each.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 10-10-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
This is not going well. They totally botched the touch up work that I requested and painted my boat a pissy shade of yellow that looks like it's been fading in the sun for 20 years and removed all natural shading. Terrible work and not at all what I asked for. When I called them I was sternly told that they will not do any more work on my pics and that I can either buy the originals or the butchered prints for $250 each. When I informed her that if that was the case then I would post the pics on every boating forum on which I participate and slam BoatPix. Now I am waiting for a call from the owner. Look what they did to my boat:

edit: I just talked with Tom, the owner of BoatPix and hopefully we can get this resolved. I just asked that the pictures by brightened up a bit and some other very minor touch-up work. If they can do that then Boatpix has my good word that I will buy two 16x20 prints for $250 each.

I love digital photography.....but this is why I hate digital photography too! Too easy for anybody to call themselves "Professional" and turn out stuff like this.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ask them if they have RAW files(vs JPEG)? My guess is they probably don't or someone has no clue what they are doing. That's amazing to me that someone that does that for a business would even think to put out something that looks like that. I don't know if you make it to other runs but If you can make it to something Tim, Jay or I are at you can get better quality at a much better price. If you were on Lake Norman I could rent an R22 for an 1hr, do personal photo shoot, and get you all the pics you could ever want for $1000. If you do get them. Try to get the RAW files and I can try to fix them in Photoshop for you if that is the best they can do.

http://www.performance-images.com/Powerboats
Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

#1 really shows off the classic lines of the boat. Beautiful boat, too! I like the clean "no swim platform" look. It looks all business. They can lighten it up in Photoshop no problem.

Michael
Old 10-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
If people are actually paying those prices I am way under priced ....

At least now people can see what a bargain they are getting when they do a Poker Run or a Fun Run when I am shooting from a helicopter ...

Best of luck with your order.

Just a suggestion so that you don't need fake hair added. Have them put a life vest on you. It's much easier than you think and would probably look a whole lot better...

In order for an image of mine that was going to be used in a magazine the image they selected the people didn't have vests on. The next day they did. Image sold and on it's way to publishing...
That is complete BS.. Not the part about being able to add life jackets etc.. The part where a magazine or any other media outlet goes from covering the event / to endorsing and promoting their beliefs onto the general public which in turn leads to "feel good" legislation and lack of freedoms.

It's yellow journalism at it's finest.

RD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.