Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is This True???????????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28563-true.html)

SLINGSHOT 07-12-2002 09:59 AM

Is This True????????????

http://www.activethunderboats.com/ne...rty7active.htm

Jayl13 07-12-2002 10:16 AM

What , that it is the fastest production V hull in the world?

I highly doubt it, there are no specs indicating that it is the fastest. A patent number means nothing.
what engines, what drives?, What power to weight ratio, what amenities?
Hell it all has to do with power to weight ratio THEN you take that and your hull design and start tinkering.
if you gut a boat and tear all interior out of it
Yeah yours will be faster than your buddy with the exact same boat and he left his all togheter
that leaves too much open to verify what they exactly mean.
Also AT ads in powerboat using "Its not about Offshore Only"
Dude whats up with that?
Jason

SLINGSHOT 07-12-2002 10:24 AM

like I said before

active thunder needs to be more professional with their ads, taking stabs at others makes you like bad. I like their boats and went thru the factory, but their punk-kid like attitude towards others is only going to hurt them especially when they have a nice looking product. I myself haven't been in one so I won't comment if it runs good or bad.

cashmoney 07-12-2002 10:30 AM

That is one sweet boat , fast to , but how fast ?
Jay , I believe that the "Offshore Only" in the add was a promise to the gods to work their name into the add.

Jayl13 07-12-2002 10:31 AM

In no way am I saying it is a good or bad boat but the page you posted up needs more difinitive refinement to explain exactly what they are trying to say.
and competition brings out the best in all of us
and we ALL know the brands always say this and that and it is all redundant.
bottom line, there is always someone out there that has something faster than you.
END OF STORY
cause someone else is probably more twisted in the head than you are.
The most sickest thing I have ever heard of was a old old old (only made a handful of these things I believe) sonic put twin 365 mags in a 23 1/2 or 24 foot boat
if someone got a hold of one of these and tweaked it, forgetabbut it!
I think the Nova spyder from wellcraft had twin big blocks in a 24-25 foot hooptie as well.
like I said
Power to weight ratio
Jason

thunderdan 07-12-2002 10:34 AM

Can we please move on.....

:( Guys they are only ads......You are both very close to me in Jersey. If you would like to see one of the boats let me know. I am happy with the speeds I got out of my AT. Is it the fastest with equal power??? I do not know or do not care,:D but will be happy to show you the boat.

thunderdan 07-12-2002 10:37 AM

how fast???

I am not sure about the top speed of a stock hp 500 37, Pat and Mark.who owns a 37 with 500 efi, gps 88 mph. My boat, full cabin,corian countertops, a/c, fresh water tanks etc... hit 102 on gps at lake x with 200 rpms left and on fresh water.

RCM255 07-12-2002 10:38 AM

AT put up a huge thread a little while ago apologizing to other
boat companies for what they said. they did mention the powerboat ad and that was a promise to the board gods apparently. thats all i know...even though its not much:)

Russ

jafo 07-12-2002 10:39 AM

Re: like I said before

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
I myself haven't been in one so I won't comment if it runs good or bad.
slingshot- Thank you! Your post was probably one of the most intelligent comments I've read about AT in quite a while. An awful lot of posts coming from people on this board that haven't seen one, been to the factory, or ridden in one- just seem to have an opinion.

Primary objective of advertising- GET PEOPLE'S ATTENTION
At a minimum, they have succeeded.;)

Jayl13 07-12-2002 10:48 AM

no no no dont get me wrong
I know they make a fine boat and Dan, LOVE yours no question
But the page that slingshot listed does not say with what power, what props, what the boat weighs ect
Just leaves alot wide open is all
Not saying in anyway that the boat is bad cause it is not.
Just that particular page is a little vague
and YES i want a ride on yours Dan LOL
Jason
and with twin 500's in my 28 baja, I wont reach thouse speeds (and If I could, my hull design is no where near good enough to hand it anyway)
Jason