Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Question for beer drinkers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28644-question-beer-drinkers.html)

mopower 07-14-2002 10:25 AM

HEY, Watch those Jersey river water remarks :mad:. It's not too many places you have to chew your water before you swallow:D!

WaterMoose 07-14-2002 11:05 AM

Did somebody mention beer??

So, as I pour beer into me, and I become more full of beer, at what point does my VCG start to rise, or fall as the case may be, and, when I relieve myself of spent beer, does my VCG rise, or fall as the case may be.

And, when I become too full of beer, and fall over on something, and lay there drueling beer, where is my VCG then??

WM

Steve 1 07-14-2002 11:23 AM

LOL Watermoose I guess not knowing your height &weight,the rise in VCG would be inversely proportional to your consuming and the drop in VCG be directly proportional to expelling the “used beer”
Best Regards
:):D :) :D

WaterMoose 07-14-2002 01:17 PM

Steve! :D :D :D Couldn't resist the analogy! I have found, that my center of gravity definitely rises, and stays higher the more beer that falls into me...it gets harder to stay upright!!!:cool:

WM

Steve 1 07-14-2002 01:41 PM

Watermoose that’s funny but actually in joking you are using the “scientific method” drawing from observations then making explanations and the reasoning that you based your theory on LOL beer and science who would of ever thought? Now where did I see something about crab legs ?

Best Regards:)

Waterfoul 07-14-2002 02:52 PM

Lest we all forget......when our beer cans are empty we should NOT just throw them overboard so they float around and look disgusting......messing up our wonderful waterways. Fill em up with water so they sink to the bottom!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist the Jeff Foxworthy joke that was soooooo waiting to be added to this thread.:D :D :D

Actually, here in MI, I cannot afford to drink unless I bring the cans back for the deposit!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ted G 07-14-2002 05:09 PM

Alright, I have to add to this also.

Being a tinkerer and a beer drinker of the highest order we performed a day long experiment while floating at our favorite anchorage.

This is what we found:

If you attach a 4 ounce fishing weight to the bottom of a coolie(standard size), It will keep your beer can floating level regardless of how much beer is in it.

Too little weight and it tips over when low on beer, too much and it sinks when full.

Plans available on request:D

mika 07-14-2002 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My beer can is never more than an armslength away, I'd hate to actually lose one in the water:eek: That my friends, is the reason I insist my that cooler always wears it's PFD.:D :D :D

Steve 1 07-14-2002 06:50 PM

Mika ROFLMAO

:) :) :) :) :D
Best Regards

LutzParty 07-14-2002 07:02 PM

Watermoose lest we forget to add in Crab

Mark

How could you forget to factor in Crab consumption. I first read this thread and with the first post my thought was "who the hell cares"

Im sticking to my first thought LOL:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D