Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO spectators at the Indy Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28645-oso-spectators-indy-poker-run.html)

Wally 07-15-2002 11:28 AM

Hey Mark, I got some pics of you too! :D I dont know why they came out blurry though...sorry. I think my camera was having trouble focusing in direct sunlight sometimes. I even tried to take a video of you while running and the KING CIG passing you on the outside! Man is that thing fast!!!! But again i had the camera set wrong cant you cant make anything out! :( oh well here you guys are:

Wally 07-15-2002 11:29 AM

And picking up your card:

MrCIG 07-15-2002 11:33 AM

Thanks Wally. To bad about the focusing problem

As far as the King goes I let him pass me so he would feel like the King. LOL:D

Mark

Wally 07-15-2002 11:35 AM

Originally posted by MR.CIG
Thanks Wally. To bad about the focusing problem

As far as the King goes I let him pass me so he would feel like the King. LOL:D

Mark

:D

candyman35 07-15-2002 11:57 AM

Wally,
Thanks for the pic.
Good to see you guys out there. Did you see that there is twilight Air Show this year followed by Fireworks!
Check the link above.
Dan

candyman35 07-16-2002 01:58 AM

MrOffshore,
Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was by your boats just before you launched. I was asking who was Chris. I did get to meet him for a moment. If you haven't seen the way those boats look in the water you should. They spell FUN!!!! Chris had offered me a ride. I wish it could have worked out. Maybe next time.

I was one of the spectators running with you guys. I originally planed to follow as far as Chicago. The water was so nice we made the whole run.

The reason I didn't participate was lack of funds this year. I had to spend a bunch of money on my boat fixing something that was wrong when I bought it new! :( We use to run the Thunder Runs here in Chicago. I think a lot of people don't run Poker Runs because of the money. This would probably make a good thread. I know we have big expensive boats but not everyone can afford $600.00. I'd love an option to run at a reduced fee and not participate in the winnings. Poker Runs America put on a great event. The cost of putting one of these things on has got to be enormous. If life gets back to normal I'll be participating next year.
Dan

Payton 07-16-2002 07:26 AM

Mr Cig, thanks for the compliment! It's looking more like we may stay for the Gary air show than head up to St Joe.

MrOffshore, I have to agree with Candyman. I've got a boat like I've always dreamed of, but $600 for a pokerrun is just a little too expensive for me.

Reindl Powerboats 07-16-2002 07:32 PM

The run was awesome, thanks Poker Runs of America - see you in Cleveland!