Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ooh..ooh..me.me.me...I'm first!..NO Cuts.. damn it GoodFella.. I SAID NO CUTS... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28654-ooh-ooh-me-me-me-im-first-no-cuts-damn-goodfella-i-said-no-cuts.html)

MarinePerformance 07-15-2002 09:30 PM

OK Dean you finally dragged me back out to this board. Unlike you dole milking the government workers (Dean Ferry - no offense to anyone else) I had to drag myself out from under a couple of turbines and clean the Kerosene off my hands to actually operate my keyboard.

We're doing a lot of testing with the 55 and are getting ready to build a diesel version of it with an integral swim platform - 80+ mph - cruise at 70 for about a week - tooling mods are in the works now.

We are just finishing the latest Callan project. Can't say to much now - maybe just this.

C-55 horsepower to weight - 4.27 lb. per hp

New boat - 2 lb. per hp

Yes turbines again - and just imagine if it's a CAT!

We're burning thousands of gallons of fuel this summer to get ready for a particular event.

Is the CAT out of the bag or is it just tickling your curiosity?

jc

PS: Hey Tonto when are you coming down for another ride?

PSS: River Girl - when you buy 10,000 gal. of fuel at a time they give you a bit of a discount.

RiverGirl 07-16-2002 11:02 AM

Weeeell ... I would hope so!;)

Dean Ferry 07-16-2002 11:09 AM

JC,
1st off, the only one in that shop under the turbines is Buddy!! He's the only who works HARD enough to get dirty! You never leave your 'puter, at least that's what Pompi tells me!!
2nd off, it's me and my co-workers who build the WORLD'S BEST WEAPONS that keep your butt safe @ night, so you can PLAY with all these toys all day long, so take that!:D
Tell Dave thanks a million for the offer for the ride today, but I'm too busy defending the USA to come over and play, ( this really pains me!!) Plus Ally's sick today so I might have to go home and play Mr. Mom!!
Call me later and let me know how she ran!
MD
:cool:

offshoreone 07-17-2002 07:12 PM

Callan C-55

I've been following the C-55 since Ft Lauderdale debut and have been real impressed by the awesome machine and its builders. I've seen them around Daytona and the whole show is real impressive. Including the new Marine Performance shop. I can't wait to hear more about the new project JC talked about. Maybe I'll get lucky and see them test it around here somewhere. Nothing does more for me than to see a couple of good looking guys flying over the water in a fast boat. I'm in my fantasyland at some of those boat races. Does anyone know the status of the male C-55 crew members?? Could they be interested in a chick who knows her way around an engine room??;)

thisistank 07-17-2002 07:32 PM

Wait wait wait...Maybe I'm missing something here.....Besides the lay up and engine package...Explain to me how this boat is different from the 40 Advantage that was released about 2-3 years ago and had poor sales do to the fact the thing was a nightmare to dock and drive as a pleasure cruiser. This boat looks identical to the other boat.

Tonto 07-17-2002 11:21 PM

tank
Not even in the same league. BTDT :D

John
Ya'll coming up for the poker run this year? Aug. 10

Robert

Dean Ferry 07-18-2002 07:50 AM

Tank,
Like Robert said, it's not even close to anything out there. Go to www.marineperformance.com or www.callanmarine.com and read more about it. This boat has design features on it that are found on this boat ONLY. You really have to see the boat to appreciate the technology behind it, Right Baja Daze?:D
MD:cool:

MarinePerformance 07-19-2002 09:47 AM

Same as the 40 Advantage? I don't know where to start. No offense to the guys at Advantage, I think they build a good boat, but they aren't quite the same.

How about if I leave it at this

7,500 hp

Cruised in excess of 100 mph the other day for 1 1/2 hours with the biggest problem being keeping the AC level right.

The other difficulty was out accelerating the photo helicopter, and having to wait for it to catch back up with us.

jc

Dean Ferry 07-19-2002 10:04 AM

JC,
I'm still bumming that I couldn't break away from LM the other day to go for that BLAST out in the Atlantic!:( In fact, I was approached on that same day about supporting another contract under "Deane' Engineering"! I know how you feel, there is only 24 hrs. a day to work, then there's nights!!
Tell Dave, THANKS very much for the offer, and hopefully, here in the near future, I can log some "Flight" time in the C-55!! If I could only pick the correct 6 numbers!:cool:
BTW, don't forget about the TIKI bar Labor Day party, (9/1/02, Sunday) In fact, I'll have my HQ call your HQ to make sure it gets scheduled in!
MD

CigDaze 07-19-2002 10:05 AM

You're 100% right on, Dean!
Nothing compares...Very impressive!;)