Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone going to the St. Joseph VENETIAN FESTIVAL July 19,20,21 ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28712-anyone-going-st-joseph-venetian-festival-july-19-20-21-a.html)

KAAMA 07-15-2002 10:07 PM

Hey you guys, if I DO happen to have my boat in the water for this weekend it will be in slip #80 or 81 (can't remember now). Anyway, it's on the Morrison Channel side just a hair down from Pier 33 Marina and kitty cornered across the channel from Barney's Boat House resturaunt/bar.
Mark, the area where you are talking about that is shallow is on the Morrison Channel side further up river starting right around slip #100 or so. The new marina owners told me they were going to try and have it dredged by the time Venetian Fest weekend. If in doubt CALL THEM at 616-982-9224. The rest of the Morrison Channel is deep enough. It's only about a 75 yard or so area that needs dredging which is from about slip #100 to #126---with slip #126 being the last slip up river on the Morrison Channel.
Thanks for the offers to ride. I'll have a good time whether my boat is ready or not---I love Venetian Fest at St. Joe!

BTW Doug---Mr. "Pure Adrenaline" gas is MUCH cheaper if you fill the boat up while it's still on the trailer and BEFORE you put it in the water :p

Doug 07-15-2002 11:49 PM

I know, I know, I was so glad that Dave got my drive on all I could think about was getting in the water. Besides the neighborhood I went through I really didn't want to stop. Really wish we were coming up this weekend but we will be at the cincy poker run. GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO WORK ON YOUR BOAT. Rampage it was nice running wirh you but I did feel bad then I got up to the light house and you were gone. I thought you were coming in with us to have dinner. I didn't see your engine hatches up so we just figure you changed your mind. But I still should have come back and checked. Have a fun and safe weekend. Doug

KAAMA 07-16-2002 06:26 AM

Doug,
I have to wait until my gimble bearings are installed so I can get the boat out of the guy's shop that's doing the work before I can do my own work to it. Should be today sometime---that is if the bearings have arrived. Then the boat is going over to Valako's and they're going to be doing some of the rigging too.

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 07-16-2002 08:25 AM

Hey Fever,can't believe you're going to give up the best seat in the house for the fireworks:) :) After last years cluster fu*k after the show I've also decided to watch from shore.....Good luck with the photo shoot.....
Steve

32fever 07-16-2002 01:02 PM

Originally posted by Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE
Hey Fever,can't believe you're going to give up the best seat in the house for the fireworks:) :) After last years cluster fu*k after the show I've also decided to watch from shore.....Good luck with the photo shoot.....
Steve

WE've got the best seat in the house! We watched them from the marina on the 4th. Got the grill there, coolers of bee, uh soda, and comfy seats.

You said it though, it is a cluster flock. Add to that on the 4th the waves were kicking up and Wolf's sold out of anchors that weekend. Apparently lost anchors were common when the ripples got larger:)

KAAMA 07-16-2002 11:11 PM

Hey fellas---doesn't look like my boat will be ready for Venetian Fest. :( So close and yet so far. But, I will still come down for the festivities anyway.

32fever 07-16-2002 11:19 PM

Kaama,
I ran into Cigarette Joe today at Lowes and he said the water levels are fine around Island Pointe (in case anyone cares:). He said there has been some 50' cruisers getting down the Morrison channel. (still probably good to be careful there).

I'm hearing rain Thurs and maybe Fri and Wed night. I'm going to have to whip mother natures' ass if it does.

Mark

mika 07-19-2002 01:29 PM

Last minute decision, I'm otta here headin to the festival:cool:
Shane

Payton 07-19-2002 02:29 PM

KAAMA, we won't be makeing it up there. My wife doesn't want to go that far this weekend. Maybe you'll have your Thunder together by the time we get up there.

Have a great weekend

KAAMA 07-19-2002 06:34 PM

Mika,
So you're coming all the way from Minnesota??? Whether by trailer or boating across from Wisconsin that's still a long way. Well, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed---you'll have a great time at the Festival---it's family oriented too!