Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How much trouble is this guy in? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28713-how-much-trouble-guy.html)

Iggy 07-15-2002 10:16 AM

He's in a heap'o trouble.
I'm no angle and I'll admit I've done things I shouldn't have but he deserves whatever he gets.
At the very least he should loose his license.
I'll bet he'll never serve as patrol again.

jr 07-15-2002 10:19 AM

According to the St. Clair County Marine Patrol website, .10 for a 200 lbs. person it 6-7 drinks in a 2 hour period. Thats a glass of wine, a shot of 80 proof whatever, or 12 oz beer.

What makes things worse, if you get a DUI on the water your driver license gets effected and you car insurance rates too. That was an expensive party.

seanclong 07-15-2002 10:29 AM

Originally posted by jr
According to the St. Clair County Marine Patrol website, .10 for a 200 lbs. person it 6-7 drinks in a 2 hour period. Thats a glass of wine, a shot of 80 proof whatever, or 12 oz beer.

What makes things worse, if you get a DUI on the water your driver license gets effected and you car insurance rates too. That was an expensive party.

According to this equation, this guy had a beer every eight-to-ten minutes for two hours!!! :eek: THAT is a man on a mission.

Gumbydammit 07-15-2002 10:30 AM

Hmmm, everyone makes mistakes......but unless this guys heart pumps JD, he must have been one sloppy drunk puppy!

What about his friends? I know I would not let a friend of mine assume the driving position if he/she were that f'ed up.

It is kind of like a cop that gets caught selling dope. I bet the judge will toss he book at him. I am surprised that they did not haul him away in handcufs!

jr 07-15-2002 10:55 AM

I hope at least one person reads this and remembers it next time theyre drinking. That number of 6-7 beers over 2 hours gets you to .10. It only takes 1 drink per hour to keep you there. I seem to remember from biology class that your body can metaboize out 1 ouce of booze per hour. Thats one drink an hour.

I'm not downing partying, not by a long shot, but its not much of a party if you end up screwing yourself at the end. Be careful and know your limits.

Shane 07-15-2002 11:28 AM

As is and always has been my position. He should be punished appropriately. THANKFULLY no one was HURT! How CARELESS and IRRESPONSIBLE can one be?:mad:

blackhawk 07-15-2002 11:46 AM

Did they give him a breathalizer 15 minutes later? Or a blood test? Breathalizers can read very high if he had even a drink of beer just before getting pulled over. They are suppose to give you another 15 minutes(I think) later to make sure it was not just alcohol in your mouth or you can demand a blood test.

If the ticket was issued in Michigan it DOES NOT affect your driver's license or driving record. However, he will probably lose boating privelages for a 6 months to a year. A good lawyer should help him get it dropped to impaired which will be a lesser fine.

Vern 07-15-2002 12:52 PM

If the ticket was issued in Michigan it DOES NOT affect your driver's license or driving record. However, he will probably lose boating privelages for a 6 months to a year. A good lawyer should help him get it dropped to impaired which will be a lesser fine.
Blackhawk, you missed your legal update, it DOES affect your driver's license in Michigan. Also, he may get an impaired, but impaired count the same as full blown OUILs if he has any priors.

Rambunctious 07-15-2002 12:57 PM

not that it matters,

but I'm thinking....... he was a RACE patrol boat?????

i.e. trustworthy volunteer to protect spectators from entering the race route and boat drivers in the event of an accident.

Audiofn 07-15-2002 02:18 PM

I do not think that the Blood alchohol content is linear at all either. IE. 6 beers in two hours gets you to a 10 read and 12 gets ya to a 2 read. I am not sure on that but at any rate at a .22 blow the guy was obviously a slopy mess!!! I will give some of the blame to the place holding the party as they sould have picked up on it some. In MA the bars can loose their license if they send a person home drunk. The bartenders can really get screwed so they watch very close. At a bar that I was at last week we had to forcebly remove a drunk from his can and take his keys away and we then called him a cab and my buddy that owns the bar and I drove his truck home for him. He was pissed at us but somehow I am sure he did not remember it in the AM.

Jon