Hurricane Sandy snowstorm pictures

Notices

Hurricane Sandy snowstorm pictures

Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hurricane Sandy snowstorm pictures

Here are some pics from the snow storm we got here in WV as a result of hurricane Sandy. We got anywhere from 1 to 3 feet depending on elevation. It started Sunday and we got the bulk of it Monday night going into Tuesday morning. Temps were about 31* so it made for some seriously wet and heavy snow.

And here are my flea bags trying to stay warm lol

Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I'm really disappointed Dave.....No beer cans on the dash of your plow truck ? Nice pics .
Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, that must be miserable. 31 degree snow is just water stacked up higher than normal. When you get that kind of snow carports, flat roofs, boat houses etc collapse.

We got a 1' of that stuff in a matter of hours back in the mid 90's and it was amazing the damage it caused.

Still remember how all vehicles were useless in the stuff. It was like driving on wet grass that had concrete under it. Zero traction, didnt matter what tires your rig had.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by the deep
I'm really disappointed Dave.....No beer cans on the dash of your plow truck ? Nice pics .
The empties are in the floor board. Had a 12 pack buried in the snow in the bed for after I finished
Old 11-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Registered

for the all complaining I hear out of ya, you sure are equipped (snow plow attached).....hehehehe

JK...most just have blowers, you take care of the whole neighborhood
Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Yah man my buddy down in elkins said they got hammered, still was with out power(as of lunch time) What a mess lol And hell he is only 4 hours or so away from me.

John jr
Old 11-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by oregondunes
for the all complaining I hear out of ya, you sure are equipped (snow plow attached).....hehehehe

JK...most just have blowers, you take care of the whole neighborhood
That ain't my neighborhood my neighbors want it done for free, the subdivision I plow for pay $225 every three inches and usually only takes about 1 1/2 hours to do each time. Most would probably charge more but I'm not in it to make a living, just do it to put some extra scratch in my pocket for boat parts
Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Yah man my buddy down in elkins said they got hammered, still was with out power(as of lunch time) What a mess lol And hell he is only 4 hours or so away from me.

John jr
Lower elevations got very little if any. Anything above about 2500 feet got it pretty good. Elkins got it pretty bad seeing that its a little north of me and slightly higher elevation. My dads house is only 15 miles from me and he got about 10 inches more than we did simply based on elevation. It was a strange storm for sure and best I can tell the snow was pretty much isolated to WV. The snow was a pain but it pales in comparison to the damage and loss in NY, NJ, MD, DE. I feel for those folks right now, I couldn't imagine what they are going thru.