Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gull Island-Thursday boat nights back? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28729-gull-island-thursday-boat-nights-back.html)

Fast Frank 07-23-2002 04:25 PM

Best prop shop i have used by far-
Murphy's Prop Shop
3349 Azalea Garden
Norfolk VA 23513
757-853-4731

I think Sparky uses them as well

rerun 07-23-2002 07:38 PM

Hello everyone I'm new to this board not the site. My friend and I will be out at gull to check it out this thursday the 25th. hope to there around 7:00 or so see you all out there.

powerqrudy 07-23-2002 09:23 PM

Looking forward to it!! hope the weather holds out..Browns after???

Also ..rumor is there really a sunken barge at the end of the middle channel that has been hit by many boaters ?? just wondering??? See ya Thursday

ViciousOne 07-23-2002 11:12 PM

There's sure is a barge out there I've reskeged three set's of drives in the last year and one set of prop's and shaft's !! Rob, I set up that test ride for thurs. night with Cary , Hopfully it go's we'll the guy is really anxious to go out in it!!

26scarab 07-24-2002 08:23 AM

Well I'm ready to go...I swapped out the lowers last night.

I don't think this drive is going to make it the season , lot's of metal shavings on the magnets. I did take the top and rear plates off to visually inspect put everything looked okay.. no metal shrapnel. That Amsoil only had 20 hours on it and it looked well used.

Barge ?! I don't know anything about a barge at the end of the middle channel . There is a sunken frieghter IN the middle channel between Browns and the lake .. if you where heading into the channel it would be on your starboard side. It is well marked though.

Fast Frank 07-24-2002 02:03 PM

rerun,
What kind of boat can we look for you in?

Looks like VicousOne will get the "Wild Child" done for thursday night..........right Sparky?

A couple more 42, 47 Fountains said they will be out there as well, looks like the weather will be great!

rerun 07-24-2002 03:58 PM

I will be in my firends boat it's a 26ft wellcraft red/white named the patroit. We might end up bringing some women out there and if we do than I doubt we will be racing. The women are all pretty nice looking and I'm sure you all will enjoy it. But I'm looking forward to seeing some of you big dogs out there riping it up. I have noticed a lot of ref. to sparky I believe he has done all the work on my friends boat in the past.

26scarab 07-25-2002 09:06 AM

Well anything worth doing is worth doing twice ...or something like that:rolleyes:

I had to swap back to the standard lower .. My spare drive that I'm using now is an old style B1 and the other lower with the nosecone is a newer one. I remembered that as I was pumping gear lube in and it started coming out of the water intake holes.

Regardless I'm ready and the day looks awesome so far, I will see everyone sometime this evening

Fast Frank 07-25-2002 01:14 PM

Leaving now to try to see if the "Wild Child" is wrapped up-
Hope to see everybody out there-looks like the weather is supposed to hold out until 11:00 or 12:00 :D :D :D

26scarab 07-25-2002 04:17 PM

ttt