Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gull Island-Thursday boat nights back? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28729-gull-island-thursday-boat-nights-back.html)

Milord 08-01-2002 02:20 PM

Fast Frank, I'll be the one in bright orange shorts standing with Boat Chic.

It would be well past 7 if I was to bring my boat, I want to be there around 5 to get in that bat boat so it made more sense to drive over this time.

I know your boat, saw it in Sparky's shop many a time in the last few months. Can't wait to see the cockpit.

James

BoatChic 08-01-2002 02:25 PM

FastFrank - i'll be at DNR S.Rv Rd. or ?
I know the Wild Child since it was at Sparky's forever.

Milord - see you about 5:45.
i'll be stag, all my girls are busy. i'm sure you can handle it though

:D :p

Fast Frank 08-01-2002 02:39 PM

The "Wild Child" is actually Chris Joiner's boat-I work with him and have been trying to advise him through the process of getting it rerigged etc.....see everyone out there in a few hours!

DWolfgarth55 08-01-2002 05:05 PM

going to gas then head out there see you all out there.Will be in a 93 - 32 Dominator teal & black broken arrow stripes. stop by

Duane :D

26scarab 08-02-2002 10:33 AM

Hey where were all the "go-fast" boats ?

I saw P-29, Wild Child, Dwolf, but that was it. A couple of friends made it (not OSO members) 31 Scarab, 27 Excalibur(540ci) and a Fountain Executioner (I forgot his name). There was a real good sounding Sunsation that was racing P-29 when we pulled up but I didn't see him the rest of the night.

Lee and Joe did a driveby in the Batboat and Team Extreme (36 Skater) also did one.

The water was prefect for speed runs and some air !

:)

Fast Frank 08-02-2002 11:35 AM

Everyone seems to have been having "technical difficulties" getting out on the water.

3- 42 Fountains (2 w/500's & 1 w/575's) were having warranty work done & promise they will be out next week.

The word is spreading, and more and more people are hearing about it.

You missed the "Endangered Species" (canopied ex raceboat, i beleive Cougar cat w/ some Tyler Crockett 1,000's) he did a couple of "drive byes"

The Fountain Executioner is my friend Keith "Blochead" he has been out the last 3 Thursday's and will be out every one for the rest of the year. Him and the "Wild Child" are in the running for the fastest v-hulls, at least that have been out there yet this year.

He was running around with a 34 Scarab, another friend of ours Brian Chambers, who has also been out the last 2 Thursdays, and will continue for the rest of the year.

What ever happened to Lenny's flat deck Scarab w/ the US-1 Graphics? He was in the Wertz Warriors Arty poker run a few weeks ago and besides that haven't seen him out anywhere.

26scarab 08-02-2002 11:40 AM

Hey Frank,
Lenny was going to try to make it out but is also having "technical difficulties" .

What ended up happening to you guys ? Hope it was something minor .

rerun 08-02-2002 01:58 PM

26SCARAB the 32 sunsation went to welkers and I think a friends house but showed back up on the island around dust. We got there late and I missed all the stuff with the kid and the cops. Anyone know what happened? I heard it was pretty funny.

26scarab 08-02-2002 02:09 PM

"kid with cops " ?! What happened ? I missed it.

BoatChic 08-02-2002 02:15 PM

Hey Chuck, lay off the sodas! j/k Or maybe your boat is too loud and it's affecting your hearing!?! LOL Actually that happened right before we arrived, but the sherriff was still present with a kid cuffed on the boat while we were there. I guess there were several younger individuals brawling.
:rolleyes: :eek: :p