Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
why i will not buy latham parts ever again..... imco for me! >

why i will not buy latham parts ever again..... imco for me!

Notices

why i will not buy latham parts ever again..... imco for me!

Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

I have had nothing but good things to say about both Latham and Imco.

It's a bummer you had a bad experience but i believe on a whole that they are a great company to deal with.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 927 Likes on 466 Posts

If latham has distributors then they most likely told you the list price of their product....and wont sell it for cheaper cause they would potentially undercut their own distributors...then what would be the point of having them? I'm sure you could have found the parts for cheaper if you called a few distributors that carry the Latham stuff. The company i work for does not sell direct....but i field phone calls all day long from end users on our product and most at the end of the conversation always ask if they can buy direct....i usually just give them a few numbers of some local ones near them.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I have latham on my boat as did my brother in his 22. Mine came from the factory and my brother bought the parts direct from Latham.

He thought his steered a bit hard and talked to them about it... they offered to take a look if he brought the boat by. he never had the chance to take them up on it when he owned the boat but they are a stand up company who was willing to do what was right for the customer.

With Latham you pay big bucks but you get a high performance product that they will stand behind.

There are plenty of companies out there touting big $$ products that don't stand behind them... don't drag one of the good ones down.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

wow, i must have hit a nerve on this one....

question 1, when did i say latham did not make good parts? im pretty sure i started the thread with "i am in no way implieing that latham parts are bad, they are very good parts"

question 2, if i get what i pay for are you saying that imco is junk? if i get what i pay for i will stick to imco since they have friendly customer service. i forgot to mention that when i ordered parts from them they also sent my all of the tech info i needed and also a stick on template for drilling my transom.

question 3, was there a minimum income requirement to joing oso? i cant believe how many people have bashed people on this site for trying to do things on a budget!

it was asked above who is going to service my imco parts in my area, well thats me.... i do all of my own work. i do not believe that latham or imco has any dealers in omaha but i could be wrong. the only time anything in my boat sees a shop is when i need machine work or work done on my drive.

i am getting bashed for buying my parts second hand or off of ebay/forums. should we maybe shut down the swap shop on the forum? after all used parts must be junk right? i hope you guys are picking up on my sarcasm here...

i guess with the expresed concern about me not being loaded i should also scrap my weekend drag car that i have been plotting out, after all i cant afford a top end funny car so i should just save my cash.... LOL

its not even that i dont have the cash for parts, i personally like my money, i work my ass off for it and i dont like to let it go easily. i honestly enjoy doing projects like this, i enjoy working on my boat. for those who have seen my threads my boated started out as a rotten out shell on a trailer that had no motor, no interior, no windshield and had rotted out stringers and transom. i rebuilt it all by myself with help of this forum! people like glassdave helped me out a on rebuilding the structural parts of the boat. i have had tons of help getting my motor together and matching parts from many members on here. the whole point of me posting this thread was to tell people about my experiance with a company that seemed to want to overlook the small guy that they are not going to make much money off of right now and how another company bent over backwards to help me out. 5 years from now when i am building my twin engine and i buy a new steering setup for it, who do you think i will be calling? imco may not have made much money off of me on that deal but they set a impression with me that i will keep with me and in the future they will be making plenty off of me. word of mouth sells parts also...

well anyways, me and my pos budget built and paid off free and clear boat will see you all out on water having just as much if not more fun as the guys that think that i should give up my passion because i cant afford a 200k boat

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/r...ort-250-a.html
Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Thumbs up

Can i get an AMEN !!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Well put!! The same guys with deep pockets shouldn't ever sell there boats cuz the whole damn thing is used!!!! I mean who buys used steering or headers?????? Every azzhole like me that buys a used boat!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wally
If latham has distributors then they most likely told you the list price of their product....and wont sell it for cheaper cause they would potentially undercut their own distributors...

BINGO !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
can i get an amen !!
+1
Old 11-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by regalman4925
wow, i must have hit a nerve on this one....

question 1, when did i say latham did not make good parts? im pretty sure i started the thread with "i am in no way implieing that latham parts are bad, they are very good parts"

question 2, if i get what i pay for are you saying that imco is junk? if i get what i pay for i will stick to imco since they have friendly customer service. i forgot to mention that when i ordered parts from them they also sent my all of the tech info i needed and also a stick on template for drilling my transom.

question 3, was there a minimum income requirement to joing oso? i cant believe how many people have bashed people on this site for trying to do things on a budget!

it was asked above who is going to service my imco parts in my area, well thats me.... i do all of my own work. i do not believe that latham or imco has any dealers in omaha but i could be wrong. the only time anything in my boat sees a shop is when i need machine work or work done on my drive.

i am getting bashed for buying my parts second hand or off of ebay/forums. should we maybe shut down the swap shop on the forum? after all used parts must be junk right? i hope you guys are picking up on my sarcasm here...

i guess with the expresed concern about me not being loaded i should also scrap my weekend drag car that i have been plotting out, after all i cant afford a top end funny car so i should just save my cash.... LOL

its not even that i dont have the cash for parts, i personally like my money, i work my ass off for it and i dont like to let it go easily. i honestly enjoy doing projects like this, i enjoy working on my boat. for those who have seen my threads my boated started out as a rotten out shell on a trailer that had no motor, no interior, no windshield and had rotted out stringers and transom. i rebuilt it all by myself with help of this forum! people like glassdave helped me out a on rebuilding the structural parts of the boat. i have had tons of help getting my motor together and matching parts from many members on here. the whole point of me posting this thread was to tell people about my experiance with a company that seemed to want to overlook the small guy that they are not going to make much money off of right now and how another company bent over backwards to help me out. 5 years from now when i am building my twin engine and i buy a new steering setup for it, who do you think i will be calling? imco may not have made much money off of me on that deal but they set a impression with me that i will keep with me and in the future they will be making plenty off of me. word of mouth sells parts also...

well anyways, me and my pos budget built and paid off free and clear boat will see you all out on water having just as much if not more fun as the guys that think that i should give up my passion because i cant afford a 200k boat

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/r...ort-250-a.html
Wow! I don't think that could had been worded any better! I'm impressed, and feel exactly as you do. My little Pantera has never seen a repair facility since I've owned it. 8 years now.

Shawn
Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

you never answered the question, why is it lathams fault that you dont want to pay the asking price for a new part? no one is knocking you for doing it on your own, but IF the last piece of the puzzle has to be bought new to complete it, then so be it. No offense but people here in business get calls all day saying well if i buy my parts on ebay will you assemble/install/guarantee it. You are the one that started the thread saying you would NEVER buy anything latham, dont be pissy because lots of us have gotten great service from them.

BTW, im sure Obama appreciates your vote, as it obviously is the wealthys fault that you are not...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.