Notices

Key West race coverage

Old 11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Key West race coverage

You know, I appreciate the best efforts and intentions of the staff on Livestream covering the race, but they really need to cut down on the inside jokes and clowning around, and get on with covering the races.

They didn't even know that the "strange sounding exhaust" note of Spirit of Qatar is due to V12 engines, and have positioned their booth with almost no view of the course. They missed JD Byrider's spin in the harbor, and several other incidents and lead changes. Is this really the best that the sport can do?

On the other hand, the SuperCat race was probably one of the best-fought races ever. Great show by Stihl, WHM, JD Byrider and all the other boats!

Maybe I'm just a little grumpy because I'm not there....
Old 11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I loved the livestream coverage coupled w/ listening to the WKWF feed on iheart radio. Great to be able to watch/hear the races live a 1000 miles away. Also nice to see commentary by Chip Fendt on the livefeed popping up. Sure there's room to improve, but I thought it was good overall.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is there a link so we can listen to and watch the races in real time?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Registered

http://new.livestream.com/sbi/keywest12

They'll be streaming more races live on Fri & Sun. The sound is better using iheartradio, so go to the KWKF am website, and follow the iheartradio link from there.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Who won in super cat? And what was the finishing order?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Results were not up on the SBI website when I last checked (about two hours ago) and I did try to call Tony Marcantonio of J.D. Byrider. (By the way, the SBI name for Super Cat is Superboat, no big deal ... it gets confusing ... but thought you might want to know) but could not reach him.

I did get the Superboat Unlimited race No. 1 story via a telephone interview with John Tomlinson of Gasse, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...irst-race.html.

Jason Johnson, the co-publisher of speedonthewater.com, is heading out tonight on the red eye from Los Angeles and I'm doing the same thing from San Francisco, so it will be easier—and faster—to the Worlds news up starting Friday.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Stihl won it. Not sure about 2 and 3.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Results were not up on the SBI website when I last checked (about two hours ago) and I did try to call Tony Marcantonio of J.D. Byrider. (By the way, the SBI name for Super Cat is Superboat, no big deal ... it gets confusing ... but thought you might want to know) but could not reach him.

I did get the Superboat Unlimited race No. 1 story via a telephone interview with John Tomlinson of Gasse, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...irst-race.html.

Jason Johnson, the co-publisher of speedonthewater.com, is heading out tonight on the red eye from Los Angeles and I'm doing the same thing from San Francisco, so it will be easier—and faster—to the Worlds news up starting Friday.
Aren't you kinda late? Get your a$$es out there!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stihl, whm, JD byrider, maritimo, CRC, fastboats, warpaint in that order.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what happened to warpaint? and why

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.