Notices

Boat Price

Old 11-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by benjen
I am not able to post pics or at least I don't know how. If you send me an email to [email protected] I can send you pics. If someone could post the pics that would be great.
If you want me to post pictures, feel free to email me: [email protected]

Nick
Old 11-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by benjen
Well, I guess like every one perhaps we think our possessions are worth more than the next guy's. But, in the case of a Sutphen, although not an Apache I think they are a bit unique. The year isn't quite as important as the hull has not changed since..........well since forever. You don't need to contact 20 people to find out what year this hull worked with 2 steps, 3 steps, 4 steps. You get the idea! This boat has less than 400 original hours on it and is an original 6 boat. Probably not a hole bunch of these out there. Potentially (if I hadn't had all these issues) this should be the fastest Sutphen on the planet.
The 39 sutphen that was around here a local guy bought running but in need of attention (called bad frog-it was green and had I think # 5's on boxes on it). Anyways I think the guy paid about 15,000-20,000 or so for it but it was a 1979, he fixed all the little problems, totally re-arranged the cockpit to make it less of a 3 man race boat and more pleasure (at least thats what he said he was going to do) and I saw it sitting behind his shop for 2 1/2 years after that, he was trying to turn it for 60 g's and I don't know what he ever did with it, Smitty
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
The 39 sutphen that was around here a local guy bought running but in need of attention (called bad frog-it was green and had I think # 5's on boxes on it). Anyways I think the guy paid about 15,000-20,000 or so for it but it was a 1979, he fixed all the little problems, totally re-arranged the cockpit to make it less of a 3 man race boat and more pleasure (at least thats what he said he was going to do) and I saw it sitting behind his shop for 2 1/2 years after that, he was trying to turn it for 60 g's and I don't know what he ever did with it, Smitty
That would be this Sutphen that Roger Munn raced back in the day. I believe it sold for 20k to 25k and went to Europe ??
Attached Thumbnails Boat Price-sutphen-39-h2o.jpg  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Pix from Benjen via Nicotine

Beautiful!
Attached Thumbnails Boat Price-s1.jpg   Boat Price-s2.jpg   Boat Price-s3.jpg  

Boat Price-s4.jpg   Boat Price-s5.jpg  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
That would be this Sutphen that Roger Munn raced back in the day. I believe it sold for 20k to 25k and went to Europe ??
Yes, when Rich Rigda bought that boat it was green and I think set up for 3 man stand up bolsters, he planned on re-arranging the cockpit and painting it (he obviously did paint it) the he was trying to get 60,000$ for it, his shop is next door to where I work my night job so I seen that boat every day for a long time after it was finished sitting around for sale, Smitty
Old 11-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 1979 Sutphen doesn't really seem relevant in regards to gauging market prices or comparable really in any way. The two boats don't really have anything in common besides the brand name. To me asking $60k for the '79 is extremely high when this boat looks to be a nice deal at that price.