Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   my 4 yr old's dillema (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28797-my-4-yr-olds-dillema.html)

Rambunctious 07-15-2002 10:42 PM

my 4 yr old's dillema

So my 4 year old and I go camping together for the very first time.

we load up the wood, tent, matches, flashlights, cooler etc.

we find a nice spot in a clearing at the edge of the woods and set up camp.

we make a nice fire and sat down and had a snack, a Bud Light, and a juice box, and some crackers. the conversation went like this:

"Dad, this is great."

" I think so too son"

"dad???? Boys are the best right??"

" that's right son"

"Dad??????... you're my best friend...."

"your my best friend too Austin"

"Pause..........DAD!!!! we don't have any TV!!!!!"

"that's ok son, we have each other to talk to tonight"

"but dad......... how are we going to watch boat races tomorrow???!!"

:eek: :eek: Good point !!!

luckily we were 50 feet from our house and we could see Mom looking out at us through the window.

what a great night. I couldn't make that story up

tent for camping with your son the first time $80
Price for owning property ajoining the state Forest, $60,000
your 4 yr old obsessed with powerboating $PRICELESS

rjcardinal 07-15-2002 10:45 PM

Thats beautiful!

Everytime my 2 year old sees a boat he screams, "RIDE BOAT DADDY!" I just agree with him and say, " Thats right son RIDE BOAT!".

Ron

MissAmy 07-15-2002 10:49 PM

Yup, that's sweet! :)

NASTY HABIT 07-15-2002 11:00 PM

That's it ..I'm making a son tonight .....HEY HONEY !!

too cool....

MitchStellin 07-15-2002 11:05 PM

Rob, you are suposed to be ON your boat tomorrow. I also think you should be putting Austin to bed. It is very late. :D Also how did you get your Computer in the tent and not a TV.:rolleyes: I bet you are both inside since that Bear was spoted in the Allegan woods.:eek: Hope your having fun. Sorry I missed you this weekend. The water went from 58 to 65 between Holland and GH. There was a very erie fog in GH. About 3 feet deep. You could hardly see the lake lice unless they stood up. Wish I could have talked more today but the phone was possesed and never stopped. I had two phones to my ear all day. Talk to you later.

FloridianSon 07-15-2002 11:08 PM

Kids are great!I spent the last 12 years with my great son teaching him to walk tall and talk nice and now that we have the boat all I say is sit down, shut up and hold on:D

cuda 07-16-2002 12:04 AM

Reminds me of a kid we met a couple weeks ago. We pulled up to a waterfront McDonald's and there was a man and about a 4 or 5 year old boy standing on the dock. Turns out he also has a Formula and we talked about them. Meanwhile the kid was checking my boat and came back and told his dad we had "flapper exhaust", and the kid sounded kind of disgusted by it.:) The kid was into boats 100%. I asked the man if he saw the APBA races on TV earlier that day. The kid jumps in and said, "No, we told him it was on, but he kept mowing the lawn" The kid watched it though, as did his sister.:) It was one of the few times I really think I missed something not having any kids.

Griff 07-16-2002 03:57 AM

Yep, kids are great!! Was out tonight with my 18 month old son(who thinks he's at least 4 years old). Had a great time cruised up river about 15 miles and beached on a sandbar and took a swim. The water was pretty much completely flat. Too flat for the kid. He kept trying to bounce up and down while sitting in the boat because it wasn't rough enough for him.

jr 07-16-2002 07:36 AM

We ran the boat up to the cottage last weekend. Its about a 35-40 mile trip. All the way up, each time I looked back my kids were grinning ear to ear. All the way back the same thing. When we got back to the ramp I asked my oldest, if the wind was bothering them making them grimace. She said "no Dad, we were just having a good time". 80 miles of grins, that makes you feel good.

Rambunctious 07-16-2002 08:02 AM

it also makes your cheeks sore:D