Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody with power sitting in your garage this 47 outerlimits gtx might be for you >

Anybody with power sitting in your garage this 47 outerlimits gtx might be for you

Notices

Anybody with power sitting in your garage this 47 outerlimits gtx might be for you

Old 11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
You DO realize Brian would be with it then, too?
he was there last year. Just a spectatator tho.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drpete3
he was there last year. Just a spectatator tho.
And you want him back? Lol.

Kidding Bri...you know I loves ya bro!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'm sorry but this boat and the V-Rod aren't even in the same league. This is a serious piece of hardware, not to take anything away from the v-rod but put these two together and the OL will destroy it in a big sea. This is a 47FT Boat, it's massive. Someone needs to pick this up.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WildThing47
I'm sorry but this boat and the V-Rod aren't even in the same league. This is a serious piece of hardware, not to take anything away from the v-rod but put these two together and the OL will destroy it in a big sea. This is a 47FT Boat, it's massive. Someone needs to pick this up.
True, but it will take some huge power to get it to run 100mph.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Registered

Boat looks great Bbobb and with Dave going thru things someone is going to get a great new ride. Did Dave by any chance have a few motor options available to package it together? By the way, I could be wrong but I was thinking 100 mph would be very achieveable with 750-800 hp per side just based on the 46 with 850's being in the teens. Good luck selling.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by riverrat
God has spoken lol .are you the salesman on the deal or WTF ? Looks like it is listed in the classifieds as well along with the V-rod amongs alot of other nice boats so your saying someone looking for a boat in the classifieds is only going to look at 1 boat and not compare whats out there b4 he buys ? good luck on your sale Kool-Aid & a great thanksgiving
Jeff A.
the guy started THIS thread to promote the sale of THIS boat and you come on THIS thread and talk about a different boat forsale,it shows what a classless person you must be.i am not god nor am i a salesman trying to sell this boat.this thread is not the classified,but maybe you cant understand that,or maybe you just dont give a chit!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hammer01
Boat looks great Bbobb and with Dave going thru things someone is going to get a great new ride. Did Dave by any chance have a few motor options available to package it together? By the way, I could be wrong but I was thinking 100 mph would be very achieveable with 750-800 hp per side just based on the 46 with 850's being in the teens. Good luck selling.
Trent begs a good question....how much hp would it take to run this thing to 100?
Old 11-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Registered

If you want a Big V that will handle some serious water this is the boat. I was out in one on Lake Michigan in some nasty water. It did not matter what direction you were running through the waves it ate it up. The boat was a regular lay up like this one. It had 1000hp per side and ran right at 100mph. Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Trent begs a good question....how much hp would it take to run this thing to 100?
The 46 is a newer model with a 5 step bottom which is laid up with epoxy. The 46 is a much lighter boat than this47 that has a vinyl ester layup. I am pretty certain that the 47 is also a 4 step bottom.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the well wishes on the boat.....I did speak with the former owner and mechanic that maintained the boat..both were helpful! I was told with 1200's the boat ran low to mid 120's when prop'd correctly, as for right now the Boat is at Wesco Racing (Dave Wesseldyke's Shop) and he's got a bunch of power package sitting right next to it ready to go in. He has 1000s, 1200's and I believe some PSI blower motors that can be turned up to 1350+....

That's whats nice about where it's at right now.....it could be completed by him in probably a max of 10-14days to have it turn key and ready to go....obviously outside of having it prop'd..

bye the way Mikey your new boat looks great.....Congrats

Last edited by Kool-Aid Man; 11-22-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.